The wrong person

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I've been off and on with this one guy for the last three years, going on four. It's not going anywhere, I know. He won't be with me let alone anyone else for the long term. Ask him how he feels he doesn't give you an answer other than "I don't know", "Maybe", "Whatever you like". And that's for questions like if he wants it warmer or colder in the room, not relationship type questions. He asked me to go to the movies with him this past week, I said I wasn't feeling like going out because it was in the middle of a snow storm and I was sick that day. He went anyway, I saw on Facebook. I sent him an IM tonight asking how the movie was, he said it was alright he liked the costumes. I said I was sorry I didn't feel like going because I was under the weather. He said it was okay.

Then a few minutes later he sends another IM saying "I want to help you take off your boots". I responded with "What?" He said "Oh crap, I sent that to the wrong person." I responded to it with "Ha ha ha, like I don't know." Nothing from him after that. Of course the guy sees other women, I've known that for a long time now. He knows I see other guys as well but I don't tell him about it.

Just a funny story. When there are dry spells he'll come back again and I'll say yes because I am lonely.

Are you venting or wanting advise?? If you want advise, I'd definitely say find someone else or make him feel that you're less interested in him...that is if you want to be with him! Typically the less interest we show, the more the other person wants more!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
mortensorchid

Just venting. No advice needed save for what I've been telling myself which is "move on".

It's pain that brings about change. As painfully unsatisfying to you as this relationship is, it hasn't brought you enough pain yet to get you to completely abandon it and him for good. You must get something good from it beyond what's in your posting. If not, you might want to again consider whether the pain is worth it, and whether it's really time to make that change.

• Like 1