What's up with this guy?

I met a guy on Christmas Eve when I was out with some friends, he kept smiling at me for at least an hour before he followed me to the bar to talk to me. I had to leave with my friends shortly after that so we exchanged numbers.

He texted pretty much non stop and asked if he could take me out for dinner. I agreed but told him I was going on vacation for a couple of weeks straight after Christmas but we kept in constant contact the entire time.

The day I got back he wanted to meet up pretty much the same day but I had a birthday party to go to, I wasn't having that much fun so messaged him if he wanted to hang out, by this time it was about midnight so we decided to go to the beach and talk (which is what we did :lmao:) but I hinted I was too tired to drive home and ended up sleeping at his house and came on a bit strong and we had sex which I don't regret at all. He kept saying "I dont want you to think that's all I'm after"

We met up again casually after that and same thing happened. I'm quite happy to continue with this arrangement if i'm being honest but he's blowing hot and cold. For example, he responds to any messages/snapchat I send being flirty and calling me "gorgeous" etc but no longer initiates any conversation or suggests to meet up. I asked him about a week ago if he wanted to hang out and he basically rejected me and said he was out camping with no offer of an alternative. Is it possible that this might be some rare reversed gender roles where he might think I'm just using him or he's just lost total interest. :lmao:

Oh, I'm 23 and he is 29.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

He's not that interested/has other options he's pursuing,atm. I think he's keeping you on the line in case he feels like hooking up and his other opportunities run dry, so he may contact you again.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

To me this sounds like his initial interest has waned. Maybe the sex wasn't great in his mind but good enough to have when it comes his way. I think you should just tell him something is amiss and ask him what he wants. If it isn't to your liking bail on him. Too many other people to meet and enjoy time with.

He may have written you off for sleeping with him too soon. I don't believe in that kind of thing because I'm a woman of the 60s and 70s, but different generations can be judgy and double standard. Clearly YOU didn't do anything HE didn't do, so you just remember that. If it's okay for him, it's okay for you too, but you DO have to recognize that some guys will think less of you, no matter how unfair that is and decide if you WANT those guys or can do without them. I did the latter with no regrets.