Is My Friend Interested In Me?

I've known this guy since we were teenagers (15 & 16) and way back then, I had a huge crush on him. I told him, he didn't feel the same way and after awhile we were able to be friends (and competitors) We reconnected through FB & we've been FB friends for a long time and nothing even remotely flirty has ever occurred between us.

Until right before Christmas. I had put an old picture as my profile picture on FB and it was a picture of the two of us from that time 15+ years ago. I've used this picture before on FB and didn't have much of a reaction other than a "like" from him.

Now it's different. Now he's FB messaging me every other day calling me

"sweetie" and "hun" and liking and/or commenting on my posts and it all happened after I put that old picture as my profile pic. Now I know it's just Facebook and I really shouldn't read much into it, but it seems too coincidental.

Is it at all possible that he DOES have a thing for me now? I am an intelligent woman, but his behavior is confusing me. If he actually DOES like me, then why isn't he asking me out. I'll admit, I haven't responded to the "sweetie" or "hun" messages (and yes they do say more than just those terms of endearment) and that's because I'm not sure how I feel about him. Is it an ego boost? Yes it is because he's the first person to say this stuff to me since my ex dumped me in 2015.

I feel like if I was interested in him then I would actually be answering those messages & I wouldn't be nervous or anxious about it.

To be honest. Most men find it hard to be friends with women. Unless there is some sort of Mother/Son, Brother/Sister, Cousins vibe to your friendship. Most men are going to think of the other in a romantic way at sometime.

My friend J is an attractive woman. If she wanted to date me. I don't know if I would put up the blocks. Yet the reason I don't pursue her is, I don't feel like she would be the type to dote and fuss over me in a romantic way. She says things like she was aggitated that her last BF or whatever. All he wanted was to knock boots. She goes to bed early at 8 pm. Just sound like life is basic for her on some level.

Where as me. I need conversation and affection in romantic relationship. I can't just be blase about life.

I guess explore it. What do you have to loose. Just don't get pregnant.

• Like 1

He probably thinks you want him and he might get lucky. You're right: If he doesn't ask you out, that's probably the extent of the interest. But let's hope he does and isn't already taken.

• Like 1