I told a friend I thought he was sexy

I am friends with someone that I am extremely attracted to but he is kind of out of my league. Last night in an email I told him I thought he was sexy and quickly apologized out of fear that it was inappropriate to say. Anyway, this was his response back to me..I will copy and paste...

"It is perfectly fine for you to think I am sexy and even say it. I need to be reminded. I forgot it lately.

I’ve had no one to be sexy with, even by phone.

:-("

he went on to say when he sees me he will hug and kiss me.

Does it sound to others like he likes the fact that I think this about him?? His response was kind of sexy in my opinion..just like him but maybe I am not seeing things straight because I like him so much.

I would like a neutral opinion on this..is his response seductive??? or just friendly??

Thanks

PS..when he talks about hugging and kissing me he means in a friendly way..just wanted to add that bit of info so it makes a bit more sense.

Edited by chumly
Scarlett.O'hara

Sexy? No. Sad? Yes.

It sounds like he was looking for sympathy and thanking you politely as a friend for the ego rub.

If he had said something like..

"It is perfectly fine for you to think I am sexy. You're not bad yourself. ;)"

It would give off a completely different vibe. Do you see the difference? One is all about him feeling bad about not getting his needs meet, while the other directs it back to you in a flirtatious manner.

I'm sorry, but his message would give me the "friend-zone" vibe.

• Like 2
  • Author
Sexy? No. Sad? Yes.

It sounds like he was looking for sympathy and thanking you politely as a friend for the ego rub.

If he had said something like..

"It is perfectly fine for you to think I am sexy. You're not bad yourself. ;)"

It would give off a completely different vibe. Do you see the difference? One is all about him feeling bad about not getting his needs meet, while the other directs it back to you in a flirtatious manner.

I'm sorry, but his message would give me the "friend-zone" vibe.

Thanks..for the response and yes, I see your point without a doubt! He does not sound like he likes me like that at this point...I think he originally did before we met though...we met from online but to be honest..I was not really expecting him to say anything back like that to me. I just wanted him to know how I felt so he can be mindful of his continuous flirtations with me and also just so he knows how I feel about him. For some reason he seems to enjoy teasing me all the time. I think it is probably just an ego boost for him though. He probably gets told he is sexy all the time..even though he is saying otherwise to me

Okay, thanks so much!:D