mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Today I was on Facebook and I see a post about the second man in the thread listed :

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/friends-lovers/601485-fwb-post-2nd-weekend-depressing

Seems karma has now come back. His sister earlier today posted that he had some kind of accident and had to go into surgery on his elbow. They put in screws and plates. This will put off things on the ridiculous project he is investing too much capital, time and energy into and he can't work his regular day job because of it either. But don't worry, people, I did not reach out to him. I am a bit too busy these days.

• Like 1
travelbug1996

Why is it karma? Because he came back into your life and decided he didn't want a fwb? He was in an accident. Have some compassion. I doubt if his accident has anything to do with karma.

As a friend I thin it would be appropriate to check on him Seems cold and heartless not to. That would be with no strings attached.

• Like 2

I wouldn't go as far as checking on him.

However, as you were at fault in your interactions with him, shouldn't YOU be the one waiting for the karma bus?

• Like 1
  • Author
mortensorchid

I will keep my distance from him. One of the OPs above said I was cold and heartless not to check in with him. I did inquire with his sister (through Facebook IM) when she made the post as to the status of his surgery, she said he was out of surgery. I said I was glad to hear that. She said come see him at the hospital, I said I can't. She asked why. I said we are on the outs once again these days, we have not spoken in a few weeks. And per the other posting I made on this forum about him, others reading his words said he doesn't want anything to do with me. (Not that I told her that.) She said he'll need me. I am past that female thing of thinking a man needs me or wants me to change him or wants me to care for him, I now think like a man. I told her he did once, he doesn't anymore.

We keep moving forward. No regrets. If he wants to see me, he'll reach out. I will not go to him without him reaching out.

• Like 1