Finding it hard to read him

Hi everyone. Here's the situation I'm dealing with, and thanks in advance for reading it!

For about 1.5 years, I worked with a man who I developed feelings for. It was the same company, but different departments within the company. Over time, we became good friends. We had lots in common, and we would go out for lunch or coffee, go out after work for drinks (always alone) and text here and there. A few times, I thought he was going to ask me to go home with him, but it never happened.

Then, he got a new job. We started seeing each other more socially after that and texting even more, but still it didn't proceed anywhere physically. Soon afterwards, I was accepted into a pretty prestigious graduate school abroad (for a year). Since moving, we have emailed back and forth, but a few weeks ago he stopped responding as quickly. I had asked him to Skype, and I felt like he blew me off and he never brought it up again.

Yesterday, I sent him an email with some photos and I ended it by saying that I missed him. He didn't say it back.

Should I be moving on from this situation? The last time we met face to face, he said "Let me know when you get back." I don't know what's going on, but was it too pushy and too far to say that I missed him?

• Like 1

I think "I missed you" is pretty generic. But yes, you need to move on. If he was interested he'd have dated you as soon as he got the new job and wasn't working with you again. He isn't interested that way. The most you'd get if you pressed it is a one-nighter.

• Like 1