Does he care more than he lets on?

Midnight_Madness

Midnight_Madness

Hi,

I am in an exclusive FWB's relationship and have been for around a year. We were friends beforehand, share the same main friendship group and hook up on occasion.

He is the one not interested in a relationship, I am happy continuing on as we are while actively keeping an eye out for potential suitors (that want a romantic relationship). He encourages me often to find someone who wants exactly what I want but is happy being my FWB in the mean time. Or so I thought, last week at a small party I was talking to a guy whom seemed pretty interested in me. I didn't know it then but my FWB apparently (according to other close friends) got a little jealous and steered the newcomer away from me for the rest of the night.

Now I'm not sure whether he is more attatched to me than he has been letting on or was just uncomfortable. I mean wanting something for someone and seeing it happen are two totally different things.

I'm not hoping to receive one answer or the other but to hear others opinions ?.

Most men, including FWBs, don't like to share a vagina with other men. So it's hard to tell without more info. He did tell you to find someone who wants what you want.

• Like 2

Did you ask him about it? He could have just been doing the wingman thing and keeping the wolves from nipping at your heels. (Tho that should ultimately be your decision.)

I very much care about most of my FWBs and I'd do quite a lot for them if I thought they needed it. So it's def possible to act in your best interests w/out it being love.

• Like 1

I cannot tell you how common it is for men to not want you and simultaneously not want anyone else to have you. Welcome to the wonderful world of being treated like someone's Number 3 brood mare.

• Like 2

He may be under the assumption that you don't want a relationship with him. I made that mistake once.. although to be fair I didn't know what the hell I wanted. I knew I liked him though. There could be a lot of influencing factors.

Have you guys ever talked about potentially being in a relationship?

Do you guys ever go out and do things together as a couple would?

Is he a shy guy that would find it hard to talk about his feelings towards you??

Has ever said anything otherwise that suggest he has romantic feelings for you?

It is likely there is some sort of feelings on both sides, especially if you've been sleeping together for a year.