Should I ask her out?

I have known this girl for over two years now and we are good friends. When I first met her I had a girlfriend and she was dating another guy. But that is over since way back now. But I hadn't thought of her as more than a friend until about a month ago. But now I can feel there is something between us. I've been kind of flirting with her and I feel she flirts back with me. And she definitely turns me on.

I always had fun talking to her. She loves sports as much as I do and we share other interests too. Which is why we got to be friends in the first place. She also has a black belt in jujitsu and claims she could kick my ass lol. I highly doubt that she could but I think it's really cool that she's into martial arts!

Now, I want to ask her out but I'm a bit nervous that if she doesn't want to, it would turn our friendship awkward.

What do you guys think I should do?

Well it sounds like you really like her, so yeah I think you should ask her out. But try to give her a few hints before. You know, be smart. You say you are flirting with each other already. So try flirting a bit more - and if she responds, then you can ask her out. It doesn't have to be very dramatic.

By the way - why do you doubt she could kick your ass? Do you have a lot of martial arts experience yourself? Otherwise it's unlikely you would stand much of a chance against her (provided she didn't just go out and by the black belt haha). I would know from experience, cause my girlfriend is a black belt and a martial arts instructor.

:lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author
Well it sounds like you really like her, so yeah I think you should ask her out. But try to give her a few hints before. You know, be smart. You say you are flirting with each other already. So try flirting a bit more - and if she responds, then you can ask her out. It doesn't have to be very dramatic.

By the way - why do you doubt she could kick your ass? Do you have a lot of martial arts experience yourself? Otherwise it's unlikely you would stand much of a chance against her (provided she didn't just go out and by the black belt haha). I would know from experience, cause my girlfriend is a black belt and a martial arts instructor.

:lmao:

Yea I guess you are right. Good advice! Thank you!

Lol no I have no martial arts experience but I'm in good shape and she's no hulk girl. Big boobs rather than big muscles lol.

• Author
I've used the umm "can you show me some jujitsu/karate/maa moves," and it's gotten me laid each and every time. Just sayin' :p

Lol really?

Well I guess this would be a good opportunity for me to try that lol.

Lol really?

Well I guess this would be a good opportunity for me to try that lol.

For sure. Let us know how it turns out.

It always starts out in good fun but all the body contact and wrestling around brings out the primal carnal mating ritual inside of all of us. Just don't hurt each other otherwise it'll backfire! :)

I've used the umm "can you show me some jujitsu/karate/maa moves," and it's gotten me laid each and every time. Just sayin' :p

Yeah, that was part of how I met my girlfriend! :D

Yea I guess you are right. Good advice! Thank you!

Lol no I have no martial arts experience but I'm in good shape and she's no hulk girl. Big boobs rather than big muscles lol.

Well my girlfriend isn't a "hulk girl" either. I'm both taller and stronger than her. But she has no problems kicking my ass. It's the techniques! Skill can beat size and muscles. And for the record she has at least as big boobs as any other girl I've dated lol. So be prepared - chances are the girl your'e talking about can take you down pretty easily lol. :laugh:

I think you should test the water, subtle actions and analyze her reactions. Nothing too bold. The asking her out should be the bold part. If you really like her, take the risk.

I have known this girl for over two years now and we are good friends. When I first met her I had a girlfriend and she was dating another guy. But that is over since way back now. But I hadn't thought of her as more than a friend until about a month ago. But now I can feel there is something between us. I've been kind of flirting with her and I feel she flirts back with me. And she definitely turns me on.

I always had fun talking to her. She loves sports as much as I do and we share other interests too. Which is why we got to be friends in the first place. She also has a black belt in jujitsu and claims she could kick my ass lol. I highly doubt that she could but I think it's really cool that she's into martial arts!

Now, I want to ask her out but I'm a bit nervous that if she doesn't want to, it would turn our friendship awkward.

What do you guys think I should do?

Hey man! Like AmandaDiane said, I would continue to test the waters and each time you flirt or hangout take a baby step further and see how she responds. Nothing to bold to set off her radar that you're making moves on her, just be subtle so you can get some feedback.

Then as you take a few baby steps you can analyze the situation a little better with the added information. It sounds like you're picking up what she is laying down but continue to test and if she keeps showing signs of interest definitely ask her out!! Just be honest and ask her what / how she feels about you 2 going out or progressing to more than friends or something along those lines...

Hope this helps!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Well my girlfriend isn't a "hulk girl" either. I'm both taller and stronger than her. But she has no problems kicking my ass. It's the techniques! Skill can beat size and muscles. And for the record she has at least as big boobs as any other girl I've dated lol. So be prepared - chances are the girl your'e talking about can take you down pretty easily lol. :laugh:

Lol now you're making me nervous! How much smaller than you is she? Doesn't it feel awkward that she can kick your ass? Lol

Hey man! Like AmandaDiane said, I would continue to test the waters and each time you flirt or hangout take a baby step further and see how she responds. Nothing to bold to set off her radar that you're making moves on her, just be subtle so you can get some feedback.

Then as you take a few baby steps you can analyze the situation a little better with the added information. It sounds like you're picking up what she is laying down but continue to test and if she keeps showing signs of interest definitely ask her out!! Just be honest and ask her what / how she feels about you 2 going out or progressing to more than friends or something along those lines...

Hope this helps!!

BS BS BS BS!

This is how all these scardy boyz get stuck in the friend zone and spend the weekends playing video games with their other scardy boy buddies in the moms basement.

When you meet someone you are attracted to and want to get to know better, you ask them out on a legitimate date and take it from there.

If she doesn't want to, she will say no.

Risk rejection.

When you ask people out on real dates, you get immediate results. She either says yes or no.

If she says yes, take it from there.

If she says no, then you are free to walk away and ask out someone else.

But if you try to build rapport by baby steps, you burn time and exasperate yourself. The friend zone is a quagmire that can burn up your youth, crush your soul and destroy your confidence and self esteem.