Are we becoming more than friends?

This girl I go to school with and am involved with in student senate. I'm trying to figure out if she likes me. My best girl friend says she "likes me 100%."

We've known each other for about a year. The first time we met she told me she thought I'd be the wealthiest and most successful person she'd ever meet. Last year we began to get closer and become friends. Last year before we really knew each other like now, my best girl friend mentioned that she was going to ask me out, and this girl I'm talking about now was adamant against it, which made my best girl friend feel that she was jealous.

Months later at a huge school drinking day this girl came into my suite and begged me to take shots with her and her friends. I did and later the convo turned to my best girl friend and this girl said she thought my friend hated her because she liked me and she said she did not. But now she claims to not remember anything from that night.

Starting this year she always asks if I want to walk to meetings and events with her. When I asked her once and she couldn't she said "oh no Im walking with my friends :/ sorry." Which is the first time I'd gotten a text like that from her that to me seemed like she wanted to walk with me.

A couple of us went to eat, and she jokingly (I thought) asked me if when we went to the store if I'd hold her hand. I just laughed (thinking joke) but she seemed actually sad and I said she could hold my hand and she said thats not the same thing.

Last night she asked if I wanted to come to this bar for drinks with her and her friends and when I said I couldn't she replied "Ughhhhhh I understand" when I said she would see me tomorrow she said "Ugh thank god with hearts" She will also occasionally say she misses me but that could be playful and joking, not sure.

She's also invited me over to drink at her house with her friends who are all very nice to me and when my roommates puppy was around she always came over to see it. We also snapchat a lot now and text, granted some of it is about student senate.

Not sure what to think. People are starting to wonder if anything is up because were together a lot. I'd feel much more confident about this if not for that one statement by her last year which she says she doesnt remember that night, but I haven't asked her about that statement specifically.

Edited by nym6986

Why no comments on this query? I may be the wrong person to comment here as I may be a generation ahead of the OP and not really qualified but surely there ate others who could make some meaningful comments.

For what it's worth I would think that the lady in question is definitely interested in you but not sure if she is serious about developing a deeper relationship. What are your feelings for her like?

• Author

I like her a lot. It's been developing and hasn't been something I've considered since we became friends. I'd like to hear some more opinions and value yours, so thanks. She picks on me a lot and I do to her, so we are comfortable around each other. We text a lot, but that is about work stuff a lot, but there is a personal chats we have.

I'm away for the semester (being back every couple of weekends) and she said she should come down and visit, which could have been a non serious remark but also could mean she'd want to come see me?

We have a lot in common, one of my dogs is her favorite breed, we both want to go to law school, she's interested in politics like me, has the same tastes in terms of style and we both have fun.

I'd really like to be with her and see what a happens because I think we're a lot a like but also a lot different, in a good way

Look, you need to end all the lame attempts to see each other and just call her up and ask her on a real date for a specific event and give her a date and time and see if she goes.

• Author

There is this girl at school who I think is into me and my best girl friend says she likes me "100%." I'm not convinced and would like some quick opinions.

So, this girl and I have been in the same organization in school for a year. We've slowly become better friends. When we first met she told me I'd be the wealthiest, most successful person she would probably ever meet. Later, at a big Halloween dance, my best girl friend told her and some others she was going to ask me out, and this girl was adamantly opposed to it. My best girl friend is convinced she was jealous.

Anyway, later that year at another big school drinking day, she came into my suite and begged me to take shots with her. I did, and the convo somehow turned to my best girl friend hating her and she said she thinks its because my friend thought she liked me, and she said she didn't. But the next day she claims she doesn't remember anything from that night.

Since this year, we've become closer (my best girl friend graduated) and she will always ask me if I want to talk together to our meetings or if I want a ride to them or an event. She picks on me and I will too. While texting she will say she misses me (not sure if its playful or serious-ish). At dinner with a couple of us, she asked me if I'd hold her hand in the store, and when I laughed (thinking it was a joke) she seemed to get sad.

My roommate had a puppy and she would want me to bring it over all the time and she'd invite me to stay and drink with her and her friends. She asked me if I wanted to go downtown with them last week and when I said I couldn't she said "Ugghhhhhh I understand" and I said she would see me all day tomorrow and she said "Ugh thank god." To be playful I sent a kiss face and she didn't respond, but the convo I felt was ending anyway. I really like her and have a weird feeling she likes me. Thoughts?

There is this girl at school who I think is into me and my best girl friend says she likes me "100%." ....

ending anyway. I really like her and have a weird feeling she likes me. Thoughts?

She likes you 100% from a reputable source. I'd say you're blowing it by not making any real moves. Since you are likely to be the most successful ever, you have no reason not to get in there and shake her down immediately.

You don't know until you ask then out on a date. If they say yes, then yes they are interested. That is how it works.

• Like 1

From what you've described here, to me she definitely likes you...or at the very least finds you someone she wouldn't mind dating.

No girl goes out of her way to do the things she's been doing if she doesn't fancy the guy at least a LITTLE.

How many signs do guys need? To me it's obvious this girl views you as special. Are guys really this oblivious to signals of interest? Or is that only when they like the girl back? I don't get it haha... It seems like she's been trying to give you LOTS of hints, but based on your responses back to her and turning down of invites, I would assume (if I were her) that you were definitely NOT interested in me. :(

• Author

I actually haven't turned down her invites. It was only that once when I actually couldn't. Other than that, I've always walked with her and gone over when she asked. We snapchat all the time.

Right now I'm in another city interning but I'll be back next weekend and her, me and some of our friends are getting dinner so I'll try and make my interest more obvious if I can.

Oh goodness, yes! Ask her out! I never say things like this to a guy unless I'm absolutely interested in him, and I can bet almost anything that she's interested in you.

Yes she likes you.

But I see problems on the horizon regarding your best girlfriend. Does she dislike girl you're interested in? If so, you're going to have to put your best friend well and truly in her place.

• Author

Yes my best girl friend understands now. It was hard but were on good terms. And, okay, based on everyone's responses I'm confident in it. Next weekend when I'm back at school I will work on it!

• Author

I have feelings for a girl at my school who is in Student Gov't with me. My best friend (who is a girl) says this girl is into me "100 percent." I'm not sure if she's really showing signs of romantic interest or just being playful.

My best friend had told this girl she was going to ask me out. This girl was adamant against it and told my friend this. Ever since then, this girl and my friend have not gotten along. My friend sees this as a sign of jealousy.

Later in the year, at a big school-wide party day, this girl asked me to come to her suite and take shots with her. I did and the topic turned to my friend and why she hates this girl. She made a comment about how she thought my friend thought she liked me but said she did not like me that way. Interestingly, this girl says she does not remember that evening.

This year (now that my friend graduated) this girl has been close to me. Whenever we need to go to a meeting or something, she will ask me if I want to walk with her. One time I asked her if she wanted to walk to a meeting, she said "Oh no I'm walking with my friends :/ sorry." She never uses emojis like that or apologizes really. We text a lot now (granted, mostly about work) and snapchat each other all the time. We both about evenly initiate the snapchats.

At dinner with some friends one time, she made a comment about me holding her hand when we went to the store. Thinking a joke, I just laughed, but she didnt; she seemed disappointed and kind of sad. Then I said she could hold my hand and she replied "thats not the same thing." She will also occasionally say she misses me (but that could be partly joking). Not sure.

My friend said this girl's friend will occasionally send her a random snapchat of this girl who I like. Then, about a week ago, this girl's friend sent her a snapchat that zoomed in on this girl's phone, and it had an unopened snapchat from me. They both started laughing and she said my name had some emojis next to it, which she considered a sign she likes me (no, they aren't the snapchat emojis that come in the app on the far right). My friend took this as this girl taunting her for me and her starting to have some connection/interest in each other and that she's getting what my friend could not (me).

I am a bit lost as to what girl said/did what to whom. It gets a bit fuzzy in your post. I can't tell whether you are talking about the girl you like or the girl who is your friend and 'go-between'.

If the girl you like lets you hold her hand to go places, that is a pretty clear sign she likes you. I am 99% sure she would drop your hand if she didn't like you. She may like you as a friend but it could be more.

You could try chatting with her about things other than work. Ask her about herself, her family, her hobbies, things that you have an idea matter to her. Ask about her feelings about things - not you particularly but all sorts of things. I am thinking that you would get to know her more as a person with feelings, not just ideas. Ideas are a bit distant whereas talking about feelings is more personal.

If she responds well to the above and shares feelings with you, then ask her to spend time with you alone, say for a coffee or a walk. If she is happy to do these things and seems pleased, then they are all good signs that she likes you. If she is happy to spend time alone with you and lets you get closer to her physically - arm round her, a kiss - then she likes you as more than a friend.

You need to deal with the girl you like directly, not via her friends. Her friends might be biased or get the wrong end of the stick. Only by dealing with her directly will you get the truth.

Edited by spiderowl
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I'm trying to determine if this girl is into me beyond being friends.

We've know one another for over a year, both on student senate in college. My best friend (whose a girl and seriously likes me) says it is obvious that this girl is into me. It's the little things -- she picks on me during meetings when I'm sitting with her, she and I had the same colors on and she kept bringing it up. She also comments on my twitter bio on our twitter feed and picks on me for what is posted. Once at lunch with our friend she asked if I'd hold her hand in the store and when I laughed (thinking joke), she seemed to kind of get upset or disappointed.

During our start of this year, her and I spent a lot of time together for events and will occasionally tell me she loves me when I am leaving a room. I'm away for the semester so I only see her every couple of weeks, so during those times sometimes we communicate a lot by social media and text and sometimes not.

I was back on campus again this weekend and her and our student senate friend went to lunch and spent a couple hours together. Then when we were back, she invited me to hang out with her and we talked for two hours about life and her nervousness about law school and stuff.

Then, that night I snapped her that I was hanging out with our friend and she came right over. I asked her to drink with our friends after my event this week and she invited me downtown with them after.

In the last she's told me she thought I'd be the most legit and wealthiest person she'd meet and that I'll be a Senator one day. Im really into her.

?????

What do you want? For her to do the reverse Caveman and bonk you over the head and drag you back to the cave?

Of course she likes you.

I'd dial down that Senatorial bid right now though. lol

• Author

I'm trying to determine if this girl is into me beyond being friends.

We've know one another for over a year, both on student senate in college. My best friend (whose a girl and seriously likes me) says it is obvious that this girl is into me. It's the little things -- she picks on me during meetings when I'm sitting with her, she and I had the same colors on and she kept bringing it up. She also comments on my twitter bio on our twitter feed and picks on me for what is posted. Once at lunch with our friend she asked if I'd hold her hand in the store and when I laughed (thinking joke), she seemed to kind of get upset or disappointed.

During our start of this year, her and I spent a lot of time together for events and will occasionally tell me she loves me when I am leaving a room. I'm away for the semester so I only see her every couple of weeks, so during those times sometimes we communicate a lot by social media and text and sometimes not.

I was back on campus again this weekend and her and our student senate friend went to lunch and spent a couple hours together. Then when we were back, she invited me to hang out with her and we talked for two hours about life and her nervousness about law school and stuff.

Then, that night I snapped her that I was hanging out with our friend and she came right over. I asked her to drink with our friends after my event this week and she invited me downtown with them after.

Last year on a huge party day she came into my room and begged me to take shots with her. Then she told me she wasn't into me but says aw doesn't remember anything from then.

This past weekend we all went out and had a great time. I sent her a picture of me and she said "daaaanng bbboiii" and when I said for her to text me, she was adamant that I text her. But she also told me today she tried to set me up with this really pretty girl in the bar but she was engaged.

Don't know what to think here

It's hard to tell. It seems like she enjoys flirting with you but difficult to see if there's something beyond that. Have you tried flirting or making any moves on her?

I would probably take her saying that she wanted to set you up with another girl at the bar as a bad sign as when ladies like a guy, they don't want him near another woman.

DisforDelightful

That's confusing! I'm not really dating-savvy enough to have a good answer for you but her trying to set you up is probably a sign that she isn't into you. :( Depending on whether these mixed messages continue, it might be a decent idea to just ask her about it, up front.

• Author

I think I'll tell her how I feel this week. I'm pretty confused too and wondered if she brought up the girl to try and see if I'd react by telling her how I feel about her. Not sure though. She brought this up the following day after I went over to her place and talked to her for a while. She said she forgot to tell me about it. And I thought it was interesting how she specified "really pretty" when telling me. Almost like she wanted a certain reaction

It does seem a little confusing. But, if you’re really interested in this girl, why not just ask her up front? All the best!

• Author

I cannot tell if my friend (girl) is into me or if I'm in the friend zone. I've listed the factors for my confusion and hope you have some thoughts!

I think she's into me:

--My girl bff (who had a crush on me) told this girl that she was going to ask me out. This girl was adamant against that and they were friends since.

--At out student gov inauguration, we were wearing the same colors and she pointed that out multiple times.

--At a huge party day at school she same into my room and begged me to go with her to take shots.

--She looks though my Twitter bio and will comment and pick on me for it on Twitter

--The first week of class we worked on a lot of projects together.

--we always ask one another if we want to walk together to meetings or drive together.

-- She frequently offers for me to hang out and drink with her and her friends.

--I sent her a picture of me in a tux and her response was "daaannng boooiii"

--She sent me a snap with obvious cleavage showing and tbh she doesn't ever show that and isn't that gifted there.

--This girl's friend would send my girl bff random snaps of this girl, likely poking fun that I like her and not my friend.

--She picks on me during meetings and sits next to me.

--At lunch she made a comment about me holding her hand and I laughed (thinking joke) and she seemed actually sad.

--I sent her a snap of me and my friend hanging out and she immediately came right over.

--I'm away for the semester and she tells me how successful I am (I have a prominent internship) and she tells people where I'm an intern.

Reasons why I question her feelings:

--last year at that big drinking party, she told me she didn't like me more than a friend, BUT she says she doesn't remember anything from that night.

--She told me one of my mentees is cute.

--She doesn't always respond to my snapchats and at times doesn't continue the texting convo.

--This past weekend when we were out drinking and having a ton of fun, we met two days later to chat for fun before I left. When I left she randomly texted me and said at the bar she tried to set me up with a "really pretty" girl then but she was engaged.

Not sure if that was genuine or if she wanted to see my response, like if I'd give her a sign I liked her instead.

Ideas and advice? I'm thinking of just telling her how I feel.