Will taking things to the next level on this trip ruin our friendship?

Wompwompwomp1

Wompwompwomp1

I have known Alan for about 4 or 5 years. We met online and talk on the phone and video chat regularly (at least once a week and text or FB message pretty much daily). We live in different states, pretty far away, and I have never met him in real life, but we are meeting up this week in a third state (where neither of us lives) to travel together.

Anyways, I guess Alan has become my best friend over the years -- I tell him everything. We can talk on the phone for 12 hours, no joke. One time we were on the phone, I told him I think I am falling in love with him and I think he likes me, too.

So I feel like this trip will be a real test, to see how we are together in real life, and I have a feeling we might hook up. I am 98% sure I will initiate it.

We had spoken for months about becoming roommates when I move soon, and I feel like I am maybe a bit nervous that if I hook up with Alan on this upcoming trip, it will make things weird between us. But on the other hand, I also kind of feel like this person is my "soul mate" of sorts -- I've never connected with anyone so much.

Has anyone been in this situation or does anyone have advice?

I have known Alan for about 4 or 5 years. We met online and talk on the phone and video chat regularly (at least once a week and text or FB message pretty much daily). We live in different states, pretty far away, and I have never met him in real life, but we are meeting up this week in a third state (where neither of us lives) to travel together.

Anyways, I guess Alan has become my best friend over the years -- I tell him everything. We can talk on the phone for 12 hours, no joke. One time we were on the phone, I told him I think I am falling in love with him and I think he likes me, too.

So I feel like this trip will be a real test, to see how we are together in real life, and I have a feeling we might hook up. I am 98% sure I will initiate it.

We had spoken for months about becoming roommates when I move soon, and I feel like I am maybe a bit nervous that if I hook up with Alan on this upcoming trip, it will make things weird between us. But on the other hand, I also kind of feel like this person is my "soul mate" of sorts -- I've never connected with anyone so much.

Has anyone been in this situation or does anyone have advice?

Is it going to ruin your friendship? I wouldn't use the word ruin, the word end more like it. But by the sounds of it he likes you too. So take a chance if you like. But I would caution based on distance. Lack of physical contact kills relationships. Dont take it from me, look around at people you know or millions of forums you can read, distance kills. You speak about even moving in together despite what sounds like a connections made in an on line long distance relationship. That is infatuation, and I would strongly recommend staying away from moving in with this guy.