2am Texts

Apparently it's fairly common for guys to text a girl at 2am, but I'm wondering: assuming alcohol isn't involved, what makes these people think their text can't wait until later that day?

I put my phone in sleep mode so it's not a matter of being woken up in the middle of the night, but when I wake up in the morning and see the time these guys send their text, the only thing it does is make them look bad.

I have no answers for you.

My recent dude, like in the first week or so of us actually seeing each other texted me at almost 2AM on a weekday. All he asked was if I still wanted to see him again.

I didn't even know he texted until the next day cuz I put my phone on silent (except for alarm) from 2AM to 10AM. And, I didn't respond until the next day when I was at work cuz I work late. When I get up those on or two hours before I have to go into work are so hectic that I wait until I'm at work to check e-mails, messages, etc.

I think he took it as me dissing him :mad:

I don't think him texting me at 2AM makes him look bad. I think of him sometimes late at nite too and have sent him a text here/there. I think it's nice to know someone is thinking of you late at nite and it's not a drunken dial. :)

Fully agree with you August. Unless you know that the person will be awake - or it's an emergency - there is absolutely no excuse for texting someone in the middle of the night. Absolutely appalling manners.

My phone is on Do Not Disturb from 10pm to 7am. I wouldn't put someone on breakthrough unless I knew that I could trust them not to contact me unless it was an emergency.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would never text a girl (or a guy) at that time of the day (night), except if we already were in a relationship of course...

so I don't think guys in general really do that...

I am a guy and I find it strange when a girl texts me that late knowing full well I am sleeping.

I was recently seeing a girl for a few weeks and it just didn't work out, but she was always sending these long texts to me 2 and 3 am, knowing full well my schedule and I am in bed by midnight. She'd get annoying if I didn't respond to them first thing in the morning.

Scarlett.O'hara

In my experience, 2am texts mean a guy is awake and horny.

He is hoping that you will be awake and willing to chat, with the aim of turning the conversation sexual.

I guess one other reason could be that he has insomnia.

• Like 5
In my experience, 2am texts mean a guy is awake and horny.

He is hoping that you will be awake and willing to chat, with the aim of turning the conversation sexual.

I guess one other reason could be that he has insomnia.

I don't see why some people would be so offended by this? Yes, a drunken 2AM text - especially on the weekend? Yes, that is annoying. But, otherwise, if you two were like married and in the same bed, yes, at 2AM you might have someone putting their arm around you looking for comfort, intimacy, and even sex....

Yeah, I guess it depends on how well you know the person and what kind of RL you have to be able to have that comfort level to text them at 2AM.

Thing is, it's easily controlled by just turning your phone off.

Lol,

That's why I have mine to "Do Not Disturb" from 2AM to 10AM. I got tired of telling my family to not call me until certain time, but they're up early in the morning and conveniently "forget". I missed a call Sunday from half-sister who called me at 8:35AM on a Sunday morning? Really? Thank God for "Do Not Disturb" on phones now a days.

This brings back some memories...

Years ago, when I had celphone service with a well-known and expensive carrier. One thing I hated was getting people's texts late. Worst on holidays like NYE, where everyone is texting. Would take me almost a whole day to get those texts.

I text people late. I'm a bit of a night owl and I'm also usually out drinking more often than most people because I work evenings for the most part.

I don't mind that people only see it the next day. I love waking up to texts that were sent in the middle of the night. My phone is always on vibrate anyway. It's very rare that I wake up.

I don't see why some people would be so offended by this? Yes, a drunken 2AM text - especially on the weekend? Yes, that is annoying. But, otherwise, if you two were like married and in the same bed, yes, at 2AM you might have someone putting their arm around you looking for comfort, intimacy, and even sex....

Yeah, I guess it depends on how well you know the person and what kind of RL you have to be able to have that comfort level to text them at 2AM.

I'm not OK with being woken by anyone - even a much beloved partner - for matters which aren't an emergency.

And don't even think about waking me at 2am for a shag. It's not gonna happen. Pfft to that idea.

Now, I do have my phone on silent during the night and won't be disturbed by nocturnal texts. However, if someone got mad at me for not responding promptly, I'd have some very stern words for them.

Well, since people are dumbing down and becoming social misfits who have no clue how to interact on a human level anymore, I'm honestly not surprised to hear it.

I think it depends on the person texting you, I've had idiots text me at 2 am, and also the person who i was eventually with for 4 years ...

My gf used to text me at that kinda time (before she was my gf and she still does now).

Literally because she's a really bad sleeper, she wakes up loads during the night.

Im a solid sleeper, nothing wakes me so I'll see her text when i get up in the morning and thats when i'll reply

Apparently it's fairly common for guys to text a girl at 2am, but I'm wondering: assuming alcohol isn't involved, what makes these people think their text can't wait until later that day?

Usually they text at that time for sex. If they really cared they would take you out, bring you home at 2am and then worry about sex.