Friendzoned. should I confess in the form of a letter.

so this girl that i like and work with, i know it's never a good thing, has talked about her love life with me and how she got her heart broken. It been months since i've known her. we went out to dinner once, but i thought it was more than that and i told her about it. She got pissed of saying that why guys think they can't be friends with girls. looking back and seeing all the signs, i didn't want to believe. so that's when i knew i was friendzoned. I am currently looking for a new job and decided that when I leave, i want lay everything out on a hand written letter and give it to her as form of my deepest feelings. I really made me feel better writing the letter for some reason. I guess this is the first step in getting over someone. there's no way I would talk to her about it at work. and after the dinner incident, i doubt she would want to hang with me for a while. if you think this isn't a bad idea, I will post the letter to see what you guys think. Be warned though, it's pretty pathetic, but I'll do what i think might be right. I would prefer if the opinions come from the ladies.

Edited by LeoX2kX
  • Like 1

Write the letter for yourself then throw it away. It's a waste of time on her. She told you already.

She's not interested. Move on and never look back

• Like 3

I'm not female, but as an older man, I can already give you this advice without even reading what you had in mind for the letter: Do NOT give her the letter. It won't work out well for you if you do.

Listen, NO ONE likes someone with no self-respect. Which is exactlywhat you'd be showing by pouring your heart out to someone who rejected you already.

• Like 2

Women find strength attractive. It comes in many forms not just physical.

Never cry, beg, plead or write pathetic letters. It just makes your status drop to zero.

Letters in these situations are meaningless. But for some reason most think they have to write one. Do it for yourself only. Then throw it away.

• Like 2

Someone who identifies as having a broken heart is not giving signs. Correction: they are giving signs, but not the ones you want. The signs they are giving are warning signs.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you'd write to her. You were into her - she didn't want a relationship - end of story.

Explain something to me:

You said you know it's pathetic. What is the purpose of writing and sending this letter? What do you hope to accomplish?

You're hoping now you're not working together that she'll change her mind. She won't. She told you in strong terms she was mad at you for expressing your interest in her before. It would be just plain rude and crossing the line to make your feelings her problem again with a letter or any communication. She is not interested and owes you nothing. Leave her alone.

Explain something to me:

You said you know it's pathetic. What is the purpose of writing and sending this letter? What do you hope to accomplish?

To make sure that she knows he's pathetic???

Have a little self-respect. Don't send her anything. She was angry when you first broached the subject. Groveling via a "pathetic" letter (your words) will only make the situation worse. Accept that she's clearly not interested and drop it.

• Like 1

God no, don't give her a letter. If someone has said they're not interested the worst thing you can do is express how much you like them. That just makes you look really needy and them uncomfortable.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

A hand written letter is a beautiful thing......in a relationship or to court a woman who you do have strong feelings for..my ex used to write letters...he personally hated writing...he loved receiving them..... he knew however .....it is a simple pleasure that i loved to open my mailbox and among the many many bills find a hand written pearl............ we used letter writing to maintain a long distance relationship..BUT...it is not the right way to proceed when a woman has already told you no...write the letter for yourself...put all your angst and dashed hopes inside any negative emotion you have....then put it away and leave it......its done......never send it....its your own private healing balm......

i am a really old fashioned romantic.....love letters......love them.......when i am in love with the guy who writes them adn thats a big requitrement on recieving love letters.......if i am not in love with him or interested...i would feel a sense of guilt ........and pressure...and a bit manipulated......its not nice.....so along with other posters who have offered you sound advice of dont do it...i add my name...i wish you well...and take care...deb

• Like 1
God no, don't give her a letter. If someone has said they're not interested the worst thing you can do is express how much you like them. That just makes you look really needy and them uncomfortable.

Not only needy by plain crazy, because who goes begging after someone they know doesn't like them. It's alarming behavior for that reason.