is she interested or just being nice?

I work in movies. I recently developed a crush on one of the actresses I'm working with, this doesn't happen that often with me. Throughout the project we would joke around a little bit in passing but never really had conversations. A couple times I could have swore she was checking me out. One day we were walking down a hallway towards each other. When she saw me she gave me a big smile and tilted her head in a flirty way and said, "Well hello sir." My gut told me it was very flirty. There have been other times where she said hi like I was her nephew or something though.

We had a wrap party so I thought this would be my chance to see if things could go further. When I arrived I immediately started talking with a group of people and within a few minutes she came over, gave me a hug and said, "I'm really glad you came." We talked in the group for a little while and she excused herself to send a text. Not much really happened the rest of the night. I didn't get much of a chance to talk with her again. A handful of the girls were chatting me up and being flirty with me. So I was a little occupied. At the end she came over and gave me a hug and said goodbye.

People have told me I'm an attractive guy. A little boyish and cute. Pretty funny and sociable. Could honestly use a little boost in the confidence department. Anyway she is probably a 10 in the looks department. Absolutely flawless. And she is very sweet to everyone. She seems way out of my league but have been surprised in the past of the women who had crushes on me or who were interested in me. Recently a beautiful actress from a one day shoot who I thought was checking me out later found me on instragram and started messaging me.

Anyway what do you guys think from these interactions? I'm honestly getting a little to wrapped up in it. Going to the gym to blow off some steam. Thank you for your thoughts.

Are you in a higher position than her? If you are, she could just be sucking up to further her career. Some people find success by stepping on other people.

How long have you worked together? She could just have gotten close to you after working with you for so long.

Or she could be interested in you, but if you don't respond quick enough that door closes.

Ask her out. Worst case scenario she says no and life goes on.

• Author

No I'm not in a higher position than her. And honestly I don't think she would do that. She is a very genuinely sweet person. We worked together for 3 weeks. Anyway the wrap party was sort of my chance. Everyone was talking in groups and I could never get one on one time with her and didn't want to ask for her number in front of my coworkers. I have no idea when the next time I will see her again is going to be. We will probably have a screening sometime in the future. But I don't really have a way to get in touch. I could reach out using instagram but she has like a buttload of followers and doesn't really post on it or use it. I kinda missed the boat.

That's the thing with our interactions they could really go either way.

Well, she isn't shy, so if she had a thing for you, I think you'd know it. Just hugging and saying light things like in the hall isn't an indication of it because she may be like that with everyone. Only time will tell, I guess. You could ask her out, though, and find out, but then working might be tense.

• 2 weeks later...

If she isn't Meryl Streep, I don't see what's the problem. It's just a chick with a job. No different than a waitress or secretary.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

She could be interested and it sounds as if she finds you cute. She also sounds very socially able and would be good at making friends/colleagues feel welcome and at ease. This means some of her welcoming behaviour should be taken with a pinch of salt.

But, as you are attractive to women and you like her, you probably have as much of a chance as anybody who she likes around her. I think there is no harm in showing you would be interested in her as more than a work colleague. You could ask her out for a date or for coffee or something (to guage her interest). If she is nice but doesn't really accept, then you'll know she likes you but was just being friendly. If she accepts, then I would say she is interested.