Is he interested?

Ok, so there's this guy I've been working with for a few months now... I haven't dated in a very long time (12 years) and so I'm having trouble determining whether or not he's interested in me (as more than a friend).

We first started hanging out a couple weeks ago, I mentioned in passing when we were out with friends, that I wanted to read this book. The next time I saw him (3 days later) he brought me the book to read.

We work together, and during the shifts, whenever I would go back to my locker, that just so happened to be when he would go back to his.

He choose the locker right under mine for his permanent locker.

We have a lot of down time at work and we always chat. We've found out that we have a ton of things in common. It's almost like we are the same person but opposite sex.

I thought that right away but I wanted and about a day went by and he was the one who made the comment that we are so alike...

He always goes out of his way to talk to me. He's been leaning in to 'tell me secrets' that he doesn't want other co-workers to hear.

He'll show me videos on his phone, or photographs, so I have to be right next to him.

There isn't much of a gap between us when we work (we all work in close quarters, but he usually leaves about a ft or 9 inches between him and another co-worker, m/f). With me, we sometimes work arm to arm, and he asks me for help when he doesn't really need it.

He asks me to help him when he definitely doesn't need my help, and he helps me often at work.

Whenever i look in his direction, he diverts his gaze and I've caught him looking at me 100 times a day. Now that we've been friends for almost 4 months, he's started holding the gaze longer and will hold the gaze and smile or smile and look away, but he still looks away many times when I catch him looking at me.

He mentioned a movie that sounded good and I suggested we go see it. He picked me up and we (platonically, as friends) went to see this movie. He held all the doors for me, and was a gentleman. When we got back to my place i invited him in, and we played pool. At the end of the night when he said he should be going, he lingered before leaving and we chatted more.

He asked ME out this week to hang out.

Most days at work, he's very flirty and maintains a lot of eye contact. There are some days, though, that he's cold and does it much less.

I really like this guy. I finally feel like I might have met someone that I could easily (without conflict) spend the rest of my life with (I know, it's WAYYY too soon for that line of thinking, but I think it's a possibility with this guy), but I can't tell if he even likes me.

We consider each other just "good friends" and hang out as friends (we've hung out, outside of work, about 3 times alone so far, tomorrow would be the 4th).

We see each other almost 5 days a week at work, once a week in a group setting outside of work with mutual friends, and then once every week or every other week we do something alone together that we're both interested in, because we have so many like interests.

The things that make me question. He doesn't text / message me back all the time, 90% of the time? He has to be reminded constantly about plans (though he's told me he constantly forgets and to please remind him of things, i get it, i'm like that. i use google calendar lol).

Up until this week, he's not asked ME specifically to hang out, I've suggested hanging out. This time, it was HIM that asked ME to do something this week and knew when I was off work

THOUGHTS?

I think you should make a move and find out. Ask him pointblank how he feels about you or invite him out on a date, except make it clear it is a date.

Ask him on your next outing "Is this a date?" It's not good that he has to be prodded or reminded or isn't texting back. It seems like he's not focused. So he could be just passing time, but then again a lot of guys will tell you if they're hanging out with a woman, they have at least thought about sleeping with them.

I think the easiest thing is next time he discusses plans for going somewhere, you just say "Is this a date?" If he starts backpeddling, you can say "It's okay with me either way, but I just want to make sure we know what we're doing."