Might this girl be interested or does she think I'm a creep?

There's this girl in class who I like, and who I suspect does like me as well. But I'm having a hard time finding out whether she likes me or not. We haven't talked that much. Only times we've talked is when we had to do some school related work together in a group. She would then come up to me a couple of times and ask me questions about the work we were doing, and some things I noticed is that she held so much eye contact with me. More than someone normally does, and she was also trying to stand really close to me while we were talking (so close that I thought it was slightly creepy lol). Not sure if that is a sign. Other than that, I can only remember her coming up to me once and asking me something about school. I haven't tried to initiate any conversation so far either.

I'm pretty good at reading body language though and I do also know for sure that she's looking at me often. I've caught her looking at me so many times. But I have no idea if she's just that type of girl who's staring at everyone 24/7.

If she's close to me she tends to look at me and then quickly look away. However if she's from some distance then I notice she's looking at me for a longer time and trying to make eye contact.

I was actually sitting in class a few days ago and looked to my right and noticed that she was staring at me. We had eye contact for like 2-3 seconds (which is a pretty long time, isn't it?) and then I looked away. She didn't seem embarrassed or anything like that.

Her friends tend to giggle as well when I walk by them. Also, her friends and I've talked a few times and they're really nice to me.

There's many other body language signs but I'm not gonna type them all down as it's kinda pointless. As I said I know for sure that she's looking at me very often, but how do I know that she's doing it because she likes me or because she thinks I'm creepy or something?

I really don't feel like just randomly asking her out, simply because we're in the same class and probably will be for a few more years. If she rejects me, I'm sure everyone will find out eventually and mock me about it. Also it would be pretty awkward between us after that I guess.

So any advice on what I can do? :confused:

The ONLY way to find out if someone is interested in you is to ask them out. You will waste a lifetime waiting for the "right signal".

• Like 3
  • Author
ask her out man, she digs you :)

The ONLY way to find out if someone is interested in you is to ask them out. You will waste a lifetime waiting for the "right signal".

How can I approach her? Any advice? Like I said I'm really worried about getting rejected by her, simply because everyone would probably find out about it. Also it would probably make things awkward between us for the rest of our time in school.

But I'm willing to take that risk. I don't wanna look back at my time in school and have thoughts like "what if". Just not sure how to approach her and what to do. I see her every day.

Listen, if you don't believe me, you can read all the many, many posts on this board by guys who have remained too fearful to ask someone out and missed every single opportunity they had. Once a woman figures out you are fearful like that, her attraction drops down to her feet. School years are the years you have to ask people out and get used to it if they say no. It's no reflection on you. It can simply mean you look too much like her Uncle Harry or that she isn't allowed to date. As long as you don't handle rejection with your head down and just keep your head up and act like "Your loss," there is no backlash there. It's all in your head.

It's normal to be nervous asking girls out at your age, but if you don't get used to it, by the time you're in your 20s, you will have missed out on the best opportunities for dating you will EVER have in your entire life.

There is NEVER going to be a guarantee someone will say yes, and it is unattractive to wait for that, so stop waiting and act.

If you have her text or her Facebook, message her and say "Want to go do something together Saturday?" To me, it sounds like she will say yes, but if she doesn't -- well, you already know her friends like you, right? So wait a month and ask one of them out. Good luck.

• Author
Listen, if you don't believe me, you can read all the many, many posts on this board by guys who have remained too fearful to ask someone out and missed every single opportunity they had. Once a woman figures out you are fearful like that, her attraction drops down to her feet. School years are the years you have to ask people out and get used to it if they say no. It's no reflection on you. It can simply mean you look too much like her Uncle Harry or that she isn't allowed to date. As long as you don't handle rejection with your head down and just keep your head up and act like "Your loss," there is no backlash there. It's all in your head.

It's normal to be nervous asking girls out at your age, but if you don't get used to it, by the time you're in your 20s, you will have missed out on the best opportunities for dating you will EVER have in your entire life.

There is NEVER going to be a guarantee someone will say yes, and it is unattractive to wait for that, so stop waiting and act.

If you have her text or her Facebook, message her and say "Want to go do something together Saturday?" To me, it sounds like she will say yes, but if she doesn't -- well, you already know her friends like you, right? So wait a month and ask one of them out. Good luck.

You're right. We haven't talked much though. I'll see if I can strike up some conversations with her first, and after a while I'll ask her out. It definitely sucks wondering every day if she likes me or not. By asking her I'll find out and if she doesn't I'll move on easily.

I'll ask her out in person though.. I think that's much better than asking her on facebook etc. Would it be an good idea to ask her out to the movies? We're teens.

Sure, movies would be great. Well, then see if you can walk with her in the hall or talk to her after school or whatever. If there was a school function coming up, that's an easier thing to ask about because everyone is going anyway so you can just say "Are you going to the game/dance?" and she says yes or no, either one, then you say, Why don't we go together?

If you have her phone number, which I guess you don't, you could call instead of texting. Let us know what happens! Just remember that girls say yes or no for any number of reasons. She's being friendly and her friends sort of are too, so the signs are at least good enough. If she does say no, my best guess is it's because she might have a crush on some other guy she isn't dating either! Because a lot of that goes on in the teen years. Just don't take it personally. Is she old enough to date? Some parents are stricter than others.

You know, you could also have a backyard barbecue or some type little party and invite her and her friends as a way to get to know her better and then ask her out if she's friendly at that.

• Author
Sure, movies would be great. Well, then see if you can walk with her in the hall or talk to her after school or whatever. If there was a school function coming up, that's an easier thing to ask about because everyone is going anyway so you can just say "Are you going to the game/dance?" and she says yes or no, either one, then you say, Why don't we go together?

If you have her phone number, which I guess you don't, you could call instead of texting. Let us know what happens! Just remember that girls say yes or no for any number of reasons. She's being friendly and her friends sort of are too, so the signs are at least good enough. If she does say no, my best guess is it's because she might have a crush on some other guy she isn't dating either! Because a lot of that goes on in the teen years. Just don't take it personally. Is she old enough to date? Some parents are stricter than others.

You know, you could also have a backyard barbecue or some type little party and invite her and her friends as a way to get to know her better and then ask her out if she's friendly at that.

You give some great advice, thanks. We're both 17, so I'd consider her old enough to date and I'm pretty sure her parents think like that too but you never know. We live in a country where parents aren't strict at all.

I'm having a hard time reading her though. She seems to be pretty confident but also a bit shy (?) around me at the same time. I guess she might be an introvert, just like I am.

I was sitting in the library today and she was sitting infront me like 5 meters away. I was only sitting there for like 10 minutes and during that time she turned around 2-3 times and looked at me. There was only walls behind me and no one else was near me so I know for sure that she was looking at me. Not sure if that could be a sign. I'll approach her as soon as I get a good chance though and eventually I'll ask her out. It's pointless sitting here for ages wondering whether she's interested or not. :laugh:

You certainly can't wait for her to ask you out. She seems to like you at least okay and acknowledge you. That's all you need to ask someone out. She will respect you more if you do it sooner rather than later because waiting shows fear and yes, girls can see that and are never attracted to it. So you can't wait long. You need to act. At the very least get some hall walking time with her or sit by her at any opportunity and talk. But waiting for the right time when there's so many people around, probably easiest just to message her and either ask for her phone number "Can I get your phone number?" or just ask her out. And when you do ask her out, you can either ask to a specific thing or you can say "Want to do something Friday?" Get the answer. Then say "I was thinking maybe a movie." Then you can go see what's at the movies and call her or text her with some choices and get the tickets.

Good luck!

• Like 2