Should I ask this girl out

Okay to start with sorry for the longer post. So I know this girl from my college class, and it seems like she's suddenly interested in me. Well I've got a few reasons to believe this anyway. (1) I caught her looking at me a while ago, so I stared back at her and smiled to which she smiled back. Since then I've been doing the same thing off and on to test how she would respond. At first I would get a few seconds of eye contact and the smile. It's to the point now where she looks to make eye contact with me every so often. (2) We've been friends; or maybe just school friends for about two years, and before now we would talk only occasionally and briefly. Now after all the stares and smiles we've been exchanging we talk at least two or three times every other day, and she's often the one who initiates conversation. For example; I was in the cafeteria yesterday studying by myself when she came over to talk. She left to go to a review class, and came back to talk again when it was over. (3) She teases me. To list a few examples: (I) I held the door for her one day. she told me to hold it, and purposely started to walk at a slower pace. (II) I dropped a water bottle another time, and she jokingly said way to go Mike. (III) We were sitting across from each other one day. I purposely touched her leg with mine, and said sorry (to make it seem less obvious) just to see how she would react. She smiled and said you better be. (IV) I was wearing a new sweater one day. The brand was Jack and Jones, anyway she kept saying it was Jack and Jill lol. (4) She notices what i'm wearing. She knew the sweater from the previous comment was new, and another time one of her friends asked if I was wearing a new hat. It was about a month old so I said no. Her friend said she didn't notice, and the girl I have been talking about spoke up and told her she noticed it, which must mean she at least somewhat pays attention to what I'm wearing, and by extension me. (5) She tries to share parts of her lunch with me. She frequently buys bowls of fruit at the cafeteria and offers me and my friend some. I think she's asking the both of us to make it less obvious to her friends. I'm almost certain there is a connection between us, but i'd like a second opinion. If this were any other girl I'd have made my move by now. She's kind of special to me, and I have to see her every day in school for another year and a half. I don't want any awkwardness between us. I was thinking of asking her to a movie to test the water, since movie dates seem less intimate. What do you think I should do? thanks for any answers.

-Mike

If you keep this up much longer without asking her out, she will know you're fearful, and women don't like that in a man. So better go ahead and ask her out. She seems friendly. You've tested her, and most women can tell that as well, so better ask her out before she tires of being tested and teased.

• Like 1