"friend of a friend" pros and cons

JustGettingBy

JustGettingBy

A friend group that I'm a part of has recently had a few people invite a few other friends. One of them invited a woman who really seems like my 'type' (more introverted, would rather watch a movie together than out out somewhere expensive, similar taste in entertainment and hobbies, wants to minimize gender roles, has a similar sense of humour to me, etc.) and seems in the same 'league' as me in terms of income, education looks and the like. I've known her for close to a month (where the group has met a couple times) and I'm considering making a move.

However, I'm wondering if this is the kind of thing that can tear a friend group apart since we both have so many mutual friends (something happens, other start taking sides).

Does anyone have any experiences in starting this kind of relationship? Are my worries of losing several other friends if this goes south justified? Or should I just go for it?

I see more often that the group *doesn't* take sides and people get wigged about about their ex still being at events.

Presumably if it's a friend group and the point is making new friends, then the whole point is making close friends and maybe a romance or two. I mean, the only thing you should take into consideration is whether the friend who brought her is a man who might have a thing for her. If so, you'd need to ask him. The only other thing is if it's a woman who brought her who you've been out with before or something like that. Otherwise, seems to me that's what the group is aimed at.

• Author
JustGettingBy
Presumably if it's a friend group and the point is making new friends, then the whole point is making close friends and maybe a romance or two. I mean, the only thing you should take into consideration is whether the friend who brought her is a man who might have a thing for her. If so, you'd need to ask him. The only other thing is if it's a woman who brought her who you've been out with before or something like that. Otherwise, seems to me that's what the group is aimed at.

The one who brought her in was a woman who I've always been platonic with.