Ex boss said have you missed me!!!

I left my previous job in june got on really well with the boss general chats etc there was chemistry between us, i went to the staff do a couple of weeks ago as i had a invite through him through a friend, we said hi etc then he asked (after a few drinks ) if i missed the work place i said yes, then he said have you missed me, for a few seconds i just stood quiet and said of course i miss you, he gave me a long hug and a peck on the cheek, nothing was said as someone came over and spoke, he done the same as he was leaving ( we could not chat as eyes everywhere ) am i reading too much into this as in he wants to know how i feel as he misses me.

Thank you

Scarlett.O'hara

If he doesn't make an attempt to contact you now that you have left, then I would say yes, you are probably reading too much into it.

It is easy to read into things people say when you like them. Most of us are guilty of this. Whether they are being friendly, maybe even a little flirty or just polite, it means so much more. I'm sure if it meant more to him then he would do something about it.

However, it is worth considering the fact that he might have strict ethics about getting involved with employees/ex-employees. It doesn't stop him from secretly finding you attractive, just not dating potential.

• Like 1