Avoidant behaviour, manic texting

Hi,

i've met a girl, kinda shy and who hasn't had a boyfriend before afaik. Through mutual friends we started seeing each other every week or so.

Now, i ended up texting her about something (she forgot her jacket, wanted to give it back) and after some on-and-off texting for a day, we ended up going to a concert together (since she had no plans, and my friend turned my down due to circumstances).

It was a nice evening, we had fun and talked a lot. But since, she started avoiding me whenever she saw me in public. It now got to a point where she literally takes my chair once i leave some friends to go talk to someone else, and she always seems to be standing on the other side of the room.

Along with that, she sms-bombs me. From random conversations about things that are going on, to stuff like "look at this funny llama picture".

The reason i'm posting this, of course: i'm starting to like her. But the situation is so damn confusing, and with all the mutual friends, it's a bit tricky to be outright straightforward ...

Should i interpret this as just being shy, or should i be worried that she just doesn't know what she wants?

Ask her out before she gives up on you! Here, let me spell it out for you--She isn't avoiding you. She is trying to get your attention in hope that you will chase her.

How is she supposed to know that you are interested? The only time you have spent time together not in a group was when you invited her to a concert as a last minute substitute for your friend. Since then, she has been the one to keep the communication going.

It's your turn to step up. Plan a date & ask her out!

• Like 1

You have to get to know her better in an environment comfortable to her. She's shy so you won't know if she likes you or not yet. I've been with two shy women in my days and at first, I thought their behaviors were strange, and later when we were in relationships, I found out they did like me from the start. They played hard to get. I don't know what this girl is like in your case but go slow and take your time. Don't rush. Shy girls are really turned off and scared off by over aggressiveness.