Should I wait awhile?

juststarry6443

juststarry6443

Just 3 months ago a friend and I established a Friends with Benefits relationship. We've been friends for about 6 years. 1 out of the 6 years we had talked to each other as potential gf/bf. We were in high school, young, and clueless and it didn't work out then, but we still stayed friends maybe more like acquaintances then. Any who, not to anyone's surprise, feelings emerged once we started being FWBs. Instead of flowing with it though, the both of us tried fighting against it --hiding it. When we attended the same parties, we avoided each other to disguise that there was anything going on between us. We weren't very good at being "low-key". All of our friends assumed we had a thing for each other.

Things have moved very quickly for us. We are falling for each other more and more everyday. Yet both of us are scared to say anything as to not scare the other away because all of our feelings erupted in just a mere 3 months. He tells me he just wants to wait. To make sure this is real. To make sure he's not saying he loves me because he's in the moment. At first, that all made sense to me because I was scared too.

I started this FWB after a break up. He knows he was just being used for sex then. Although, it may seem fast for me to move on after a break up but I feel it's only because I was dragging myself in that relationship for so long (5 years) I already knew what I wanted and when I finally left I was ready to be who I wanted right away. I feel like the happiest girl in the world right now. I don't want to feel guilty for it. He has been my friend for so long. I'm comfortable with him. I've never been more me for a long time. My ex kept me from being that because my only goal in that relationship was to please him. I don't want the fact that things are happening so fast to restrain us from saying exactly the way the both of us feel.

Should I wait awhile to say how I feel like he wants? Or just say it?!

Edited by juststarry6443

Do it now. It's fine for him if he wants to go slow or whatevs but that doesn't mean you have some obligation to follow his schedule. (And you shouldn't get in the habit of being too accommodating bc that can lead to doormat status.) If he can't handle it, fine, that's telling you what you need to know too.

• Like 1