People are so un...loyal

This is a rant I've been wanting to get off my chest.

I had a friend , I'll call her Tia.

I met Tia in my first year of college. I made a daily 2 hour commute (and 2 hours back) to a school in another borough. She was the first white friend I ever made as well (I'm Hispanic although can pass off for white by looks) so it was a new culture for me as well. Tia had alot of things I didnt have . A huge house and lived in a a nice Jewish neighborhood. I was friends with Tia for three years.

Everything was great, she introduced me to her friends and we became best friends. Tia always had mental issues . She claimed she had "border line personality disorder" although I honestly never saw it . She took many medications for her mental illness which I always encouraged her to try and get off of. She was put on medication she didnt even need by her therapist and at one point she was taking meds for people with ADHD, which she did not have. I just felt like she had lost control but I never forced her but simply suggested maybe getting off them. She would always become furious when I did not acknowledge her "mental illness" . I always told her to live as if she did not have one and to stop blaming what she did on it .

Moving along.

She had met this guy in college who basically got with her for sex. She had sex with him the same week she met him. I looked down upon her and gave her my honest point of view while suggesting that she should wait before jumping into bed with a guy she didnt know. Of course these were advice from a friend who cared about her. She did not have to follow it but she became extremely defensive about it . Fine. I stopped talking about it and let her learn. He told her to her face that he only was with her for sex and dumped her. She cried and then claimed that he raped her while giving details of how he "pushed" her head as she gave him a blow job. This was all consented. She said yes to sex, yes to oral. None of it was rape . I said nothing on the matter , I just knew she regretted it and wanted to make herself feel better. She claimed that she began to cut herself and throw up. I never saw scars. I figured she was lying but as a good friend I comforted her and took her out, etc. She was my bestfriend after all I was allowed to have my opinions but I didnt want her to be sad.

She would also become very mad if we both met a guy and he took an interest to me and not her (happened a couple of times). I would back off but she was still mad.

I eventually graduated and moved to a 4 year college where I joined a club and made friends at a rapid rate. I made one friend ,lets call him Gio. Gio is currently my best friend and at the time had a huge crush on me . Tia had a crush on him and wanted him to notice her. She would webcam with him in a towel, in truth and dare take off his belt but he only wanted me .I did not want Gio and ignored the advances he made. I made it clear I only wanted to be friends . Tia was very mad that Gio never called her pretty or wanted to get with her. She directed this anger towards me and it almost ended our friendship. It didnt but it did leave a huge scar where things were said and feelings were hurt. I tried to stop being friends with Gio for her but it didnt work. The whole thing blew up and we stopped being friends. I wanted to cut her away from my life so I began to tell everyone from my new school to stay away if she messaged them. I said a couple nasty things as she was saying things about me. At this point another girl from my school that didnt like me because I was friends with Gio stepped in the "break us " apart. She said nasty things about me to Tia. They built a friendship on their hate for me .

Months passed and things were awkward. I met my ex at the time and together we went to her apt where I slipped a letter under her door saying I was sorry for judging her on sleeping with guys early or for not taking her mental illness seriously. I wanted my friend back. She read the letter and emailed me . We became friends once more . She met one of my friends , lets call Phil. Her and Phil became a thing and once again she jumped in early with him. I gave her a light warning and to just be careful although I knew Phil was a good guy. Phil had come up to me a few weeks later and said "Oh my god I cant believe what Tia's ex did to her! He raped her!" . That just got me so upset I couldnt believe it so I turned and said "He didnt rape her it was consented."

He went back and told her.

She deleted me off Facebook and told me she didnt want to be friends anymore.

I cried. I mourned. I moved on for the time being. It just didnt feel fair. Why was she so crazy?!

I dont know if anyone read what my ex did to be but basically he pressured me into sex (well tried and failed) the same week my father passed and I saw him die in front of me . I rushed back to the states (he died on vacation) . My ex basically tried to force me into sex and I began to try and trade oral for a relationship with him. I didnt go threw with him and he broke up with me because I didnt want to have sex because of what had happened. It just didnt feel right so then I was completely alone as the rest of my family was still in the island my father died in , trying to settle things there before coming back. I was alone in the apartment..... I had a break down the day I broke up with my ex because I wasnt going to have sex. I cried and screamed and ran around my apartment . I thought of Tia and shot her a text of what had happened very briefly . She took the next train and came over to comfort me . Gio came too. We all spent the day together and they made me go eat. The next day I was mourning everything that had happened and texted her saying maybe I should've had sex with my ex and that Phil had said in the past that he wouldnt be in a relationship without sex. Tia snapped and verbally attacked me for "attacking" Phil. She deleted me off Facebook and blocked me . The second phase of my mourning began. I lost my father, my boyfriend, and my best friend in the time span of 2 weeks .I rolled over and slept for more then 12 hours.

I've recovered from all of that. Her and Phil are still together after a year and a half . I see her post sometimes on mutal friends she wouldnt have met if it werent for me. MY friends. It just pisses me off that I considered her a friend and did so much for her and she threw me away because I quoted her boyfriend. I always watched out for her but she would never accept my views.

One time we were talking about transgenders .I told her I didnt believe in that because I think they are just gay people. I think if a man wants to wear a dress then they just should and we should just break gender roles . She snapped and tried to force her beliefs on me. I was just kinda like whatever I have trans friends and that's not apart of our friendship. Theyre just regular people. (I do not want to get into this in this post you can message me about this if this part bothers you I guess). She almost stopped talking to me because of that.

She always claimed to cut herself and throw up and thoughts about killing herself and it was all so dramatic. I put up with it because I loved her . She had these "issues" with nothing going on. I miss her alot somedays but I would never take her back. I know she is a toxic person but it makes me angry sometimes.

Just a rant. Thanks for reading.