How to move from friendship to relationship?

sportygirl89

How does that change the dating? Do they still wait for stuff like sex or do they not since they already have a foundation? I've always been interested in that with how the TV shows such as Friends have two people who are friends start dating. I know some people wait a certain amount of dates or times before having sex. Not interested in any of my male friends. Just would wonder how that would work. TV shows make it seem so easy haha.

Jacob_Duluoz

I'm in pretty much that situation. Grad school is playground. Foundation is there but it's super transition mode post-school. Wish me luck: Caught my tease - LoveShack.org Community Forums

In terms of what I've seen from my friends it's still takes time. My childhood neighbor ended up marrying one of my better childhood friends. Took him awhile to get her attention and get real reciprocation. I would definitely say having a foundation helps make the relationship stronger. You already know a good portion of the life story, but I wouldn't say the rulebook goes out if it's more than a flare-up. If it doesn't work out, the friendship will be more likely to be there unless it's dramatic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
todreaminblue

personally relationships from friendships are the best kind of relationship ...because of my history and my family its better for me and my family and the man involved with me to ease him as a partner and a potential love interest as a close friend first...i need to disclose my history......i find it much easier if i know that foundation of friendship is there first......if i make myself vulnerable and open up to a man...its going to be a man i can class as a close friend first..

how i transition from close male friend to partner....is i ask outright......i make it clear how i see them......i will tell them i am interested in getting to know them better and for them to know me.....and not just as a friend......my family are normally aware when i am interested in someone ......and they accept i know how to ease a guy in to becoming part of my family....and they are accepting of his place in the family.....i dont take it lightly ...transitioning friendship to relationship...its important for me that any guy i am with knows......i am not a short term gal.......i make that clear also before determining if a relationship with me is something he really wants in his life and is ready for a ready made family with all its highs and lows.........certainly my history is something not easily dealt with....takes a certain type of understanding and strength......i have met few guys....i have wanted to be in a relationship with other than friendship .......deb

• Like 1