Feelings about a guy

so two weeks ago i hooked up with this guy and he was really drunk and the whole night he kept telling me how pretty/cute/beautiful i am. i know that he is really picky with the girls he hooks up with and all and he kept telling me how he thinks i am the one, he also told me he wants a relationship with me but i didn't believe any of it because he was really drunk...and when i told my friend this who knows him, she was shocked that he said all this. then well we did everything except have sex and we haven't talked since but for the last few days i literally cannot stop thinking about him and my friends told me that he is a player and all but i don't know what to do! i just got out of a relationship 3 months ago and it was a really bad breakup and i'm not completely over him. and i am loving my single life right now...but for some reason with this guy i am willing to rethink everything. we could take it slow and see what happens. maybe i am just infatuated or maybe i actually like him. i just don't know if i should text him or what...there is also a chance he doesn't feel the same way about me and if its that then its okay because ill get over him eventually. So any advise will help! Thank you!

*i am just infatuated or maybe i actually like him.

*Yes. You are infatuated.

Maybe you do like him.

There would need to more than that.

Sounds like he is a player. He got drunk and said whatever you wanted to hear to see if he could get laid. Now he hasn't called you and said "I had a nice time" or anything.

• Like 1
La.Primavera

You have be warned that he is a player. That means you should take everything he says with a pinch of salt. You said it yourself, he was drunk when he said those nice things so again you can't take that too seriously.

More importantly though is his behavior after the encounter. There has been no contact. Is that consistent with the behavior of someone who thinks they have found "the one"? No way! All it proves is that your friend was right in calling him a player.

Considering you are still not over your ex, you are probably quite emotionally vulnerable right now so I would advise you to protect yourself from getting more hurt and stay away from this guy.

• Like 1
AGoodFriend

Ablove, you have to eat this one and move on. If he hasn't contacted you in any way, then he said what he had to say in order to get what he wanted. He got it and he's moving on.

It sounds like you have some feelings about him, even if it's just infatuation. What you have to do at this point is evaluate whether or not casual sex is for you. It's not for everybody. People that are able to have it frequently (especially "hot" people who are constantly getting offers) get used to it. Male or female, they are players who are able to keep their emotions locked down. They don't feel bad after a casual sexual encounter.

Not everyone is like that. Do some self-reflection before testing the waters again.

• Like 1
he was really drunk

i didn't believe any of it because he was really drunk

we haven't talked since

my friends told me that he is a player and all

i just got out of a relationship 3 months ago and it was a really bad breakup and i'm not completely over him

i am loving my single life right now

there is also a chance he doesn't feel the same way about me and if its that then its okay because ill get over him eventually

You've written yourself some things that you should reflect on and also, some advices and answers.

When you wrote: "but for some reason with this guy i am willing to rethink everything" I had to smile.

He's not your rebound. :)

Even if you want a rebound, you should pick a better and kinder guy. Someone who WILL text you and care about you.

When you wrote: "maybe i am just infatuated or maybe i actually like him"

How could you LIKE someone that you just met once and he was drunk?

After I broke up, I had the same feeling as you. When some girls came to me, I served them. I thought I liked them, but I didn't. They were just my escape.

Good luck, ablove. :)

• Like 1