Long time friend is going down the bad road...

iDrumKing

So a buddy of mine whom I've been friends with for 19 years has recently gotten into drug dealing. We are both 22 and while I'm here graduating from college, he had discontinued his his interest in returning to school and plans on making a "living" by drug dealing. He says that he's going to be "super careful" and not get caught like other dealers. This mindset of his is pissing me off, lack for a better term.

He is like a brother to me but I feel like I will have to end our friendship if he doesn't turn things around for my sake and his. The sad part is I don't think he will anytime soon. I mean we rarely talk anymore since he's got a new crowd.

So basically the things he's getting into and the people he's surrounding himself with are not going to bring him anything but trouble.

What should I do? I've tried speaking to him but he feels as if he's got everything figured out.

La.Primavera

If you have tried to speak to him about it there is nothing else you can do. He is making a huge mistake but you can't make him do the right thing. He has to figure it out for himself.

The only thing you have control over is what you do. You seem to have your head on straight so keep focused on your own future and goals.

You are right to be concerned about keeping him as a friend. I think it is sensible to stay away from him so it doesn't infect your life.

All the best.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

I understand your problem......as another poster said there's nothing you can do....ill differ and add this ......dont abandon him but walk away when anything is done that makes you uncomfortable and tell him i will not support you in this life....i dont want to be around it......or you could take out the supplier who is supplying him the drugs to sell...

i do know that most dealers resort to getting high off their own supply...develop a high level of paranoia......

one thing about dealers is they like to brag.....they dont seem to realize no one is their friend when you are dealing...and what they actually desperately need....are true friends to open up to who can help them get out of it.......they normally open up to the wrong ones...unfortunately thats why ....a pretty large percentage of them end up in goal or dead...

this subject is close to my heart.......and all i can say is......for your friend to get out its the source of the drugs that needs to be cut off...normally its enough to turn around a first timer with the actual consequences of drugs and goal and or being busted......being at the forefront of their mind.............never let anyone know what you are doing...especially your friend...if i truly cared for someone....which i have and i would do again......i would take the risk of being a snitch......or a dog as known in australia.....to try to help my loved one out.....my own way.....deb

All you can really do is protect yourself. Do NOT travel with him in the same car or go through the airport together because he will be carrying and put you in danger of being busted. Don't believe him if he says he's not carrying. Just do not get in the car with him again or anything like that. Tell him up front you won't be around it. When i was a hippie, I was around this stuff all the time and I did my share, but I always asked anyone who rode with me if they were carrying and if I felt they were lying, I wouldn't take them anywhere. There is no reason to take chances for other people. And don't ever agree to have you hold anything for them, not even a wallet, nothing. Because they will try to find a way to have someone else carry the dope, and dope can be very small. Don't let them store anything in your car, your locker, your house, your pocket.

From now on, anytime you see him, you meet him somewhere and if it's anyplace you might get searched, you don't walk in together with him. And be very very careful because if he ever does get busted, he will try to make a deal by setting someone else up and it could be you or anybody. So don't even talk about dope with him. If he initiates a conversation about it down the road, just say something like, "That's you, not me" and make an excuse and leave.

• Like 1
All you can really do is protect yourself. Do NOT travel with him in the same car or go through the airport together because he will be carrying and put you in danger of being busted. Don't believe him if he says he's not carrying. Just do not get in the car with him again or anything like that. Tell him up front you won't be around it. When i was a hippie, I was around this stuff all the time and I did my share, but I always asked anyone who rode with me if they were carrying and if I felt they were lying, I wouldn't take them anywhere. There is no reason to take chances for other people. And don't ever agree to have you hold anything for them, not even a wallet, nothing. Because they will try to find a way to have someone else carry the dope, and dope can be very small. Don't let them store anything in your car, your locker, your house, your pocket.

From now on, anytime you see him, you meet him somewhere and if it's anyplace you might get searched, you don't walk in together with him. And be very very careful because if he ever does get busted, he will try to make a deal by setting someone else up and it could be you or anybody. So don't even talk about dope with him. If he initiates a conversation about it down the road, just say something like, "That's you, not me" and make an excuse and leave.

This. Be very careful around these people; I'd still suggest cutting them off.

If he brings this stuff when you make a party at your home, or hides it in your house you're screwed.

A friend of mine was involved with that type too. One time they all met up in some cellar; she didn't do drugs herself, but since it was just a little room with no windows she was passively smoking it. After a while she got a headache from it (since she's never used drugs before) and wanted to leave, but one guy - a friend she trusted - gave her a pill against headaches, or so he said. Turned out he had given her ecstasy, she was hallucinating in no time and he just said "See, now you're having fun too!". She never met up with these "friends" again.