Not giving me a second thought?

Only a year ago there was this girl who really liked me and was interested in everything about me but I was too shy to take things further with her and I did not speak to her since January 2014. In early october 2014 I did see her in town and she barely noticed me and just said "hello" and that was it.

More to the point I was telling my dad about how seeing her again made me feel sad and he said "James do you really think she gives you a second thought?"

Why would she now not give me a second thought if she was so interested at one point to know so much about me etc

Because she learned that you don't have the nerve or the skills to step up and date someone. She thought you might be interesting, but then she realized you're unable to be social and that's about as basic a turnoff as there can be when talking about getting someone to like you. So once she found that out about you, she's got no reason to be interested anymore. You didn't have what it takes to proceed.

evanescentworld

And that's exactly the attitude that made her not give you a second thought.

You can do things to make you more comfortable with girls and with people in general. Things like taking a speech or debate class, improv or acting class, which will force you to get over your fear of opening your mouth and being wrong. Take a dance class or coed sports activity and get used to being around girls and talking to them. Take a part-time job someplace fun and social like an amusement park or movie theater or retail store. Take a cooking class. Anything that mixes you in closely with other people and girls. You have to push the envelope to make progress and gain confidence.

Why would she now not give me a second thought if she was so interested at one point to know so much about me etc

Because you made her feel like you didn't give her a second thought.

You need to address your shyness and lack of interpersonal skills. In order to interact with females you mayst be able to express yourself and express your interest in them personally.

• Like 1