why wait?

Im 2 months out of a relationship that at the time i was completely committed to. He left me and ive grieved the hell out of the last two months. I've just started to pick myself up again this week, eat properly, go to the gym, clean my house, get back into a routine. The last few days I've felt 80% ok.

I went on a date a few days ago and it was a lovely evening. I won't take things any further with this guy, i know know a few red flags and characteristics i wont ignore this time around. But i am continuing to look for a new partner.

Everyone cautions me to wait before i move on. But if i am careful not to just jump into a relationship with an unsuitable person, and I've really examined my past relationship and know what I'm looking for, why wait?

WonderWoman911

I think your friends and/or family members told you to wait before you move on is just a concern for your best interests. They knew how your last relationship took a toll on you emotionally and they don't want you to go through that distress again. Basically just to take your time and don't hop into anything until you get yourself fully together.To me it just shows that they care about you.

As said, friends/family typically do their best to look out for you. With that said, we all move on from things quite differently, there isn't one particular correct way. If you protect yourself and have a sensible mind, then there isn't really a reason you can't at the very least start a friendship with someone, which can blossom into something else. In the end only you know what feels right to you and that is something you really shouldn't ignore.