Kisses on the forehead from a guy friend?

IntrovertedGirl

IntrovertedGirl

What do kisses on the forehead from a guy friend mean? Been good friends with this guy for a couple of years but in the past few months he's been kissing me on the forehead. While he's hugging me or sometimes randomly while we are walking he would just plant one on the top of my head.

Its just over the past few months we are touchy-feely towards each other. I like him a lot and does he like me back? He does not do this to our mutual female friend.

DrReplyInRhymes
What do kisses on the forehead from a guy friend mean? Been good friends with this guy for a couple of years but in the past few months he's been kissing me on the forehead. While he's hugging me or sometimes randomly while we are walking he would just plant one on the top of my head.

Its just over the past few months we are touchy-feely towards each other. I like him a lot and does he like me back? He does not do this to our mutual female friend.

I disagree with the other people posting, I think its means more,

The simple fact you mentioned at the end changes the score,

He doesn't kiss his other girl friends, and you've become closer in months,

I personally think he's testing the waters to see how you react with his stunt.

• Like 1

My guess is that he's starting to like you but isn't quite sure yet.

Start being more flirty with him and show him that you're interested.

Yeah... I don't agree with the others here. I think if he just started doing it after all those years and the fact that he doesn't do this to other girls shows that he may be developing romantic feelings. Shy guys (like me) don't want to go the lips right away so sometimes we go for the cheek/forehead before to test the waters. I kiss the girl I'm seeing now on the forehead/cheek because I'm too chicken to go for the real thing yet.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

i also agree that if he doesnt do it with other female friends, and it has started up after years of knowing him where he wasnt this way with you, that it is likely he is shy and developing feelings.....best wishes....deb

• Like 1
  • Author
IntrovertedGirl
Yeah... I don't agree with the others here. I think if he just started doing it after all those years and the fact that he doesn't do this to other girls shows that he may be developing romantic feelings. Shy guys (like me) don't want to go the lips right away so sometimes we go for the cheek/forehead before to test the waters. I kiss the girl I'm seeing now on the forehead/cheek because I'm too chicken to go for the real thing yet.

Yeah is just the past few months he has started doing it.

Well the default good news is that you now have open unspoken permission to kiss him on random nonsexual body parts, as well. Maybe see what happens when you kiss him on the hand or forehead. His reaction will probably tell you quite a bit about what his own kissing behavior means.

Well the default good news is that you now have open unspoken permission to kiss him on random nonsexual body parts, as well. Maybe see what happens when you kiss him on the hand or forehead. His reaction will probably tell you quite a bit about what his own kissing behavior means.

She should kiss him on the cheek, or go for a quick peck on the lips. My guess is that he would return the gesture, or escalate.

In my experience with a guy friend who did that, he was testing the waters.

I liked him back in time so I got up the courage and tried kissing him on the cheek, thinking the worst would be rejection, and I figured i could take it.

He ended up kissing me on the lips.

• Like 1
  • Author
IntrovertedGirl

Just the other say while saying goodbye he would pull me in for a hug and start kissing me on the forehead. We always hug goodbye and he actually refers our hugs to "cuddles" instead. :love:

Plus sometimes he would plant one on my forehead while walking.:bunny:

Just the other say while saying goodbye he would pull me in for a hug and start kissing me on the forehead. We always hug goodbye and he actually refers our hugs to "cuddles" instead. :love:

Plus sometimes he would plant one on my forehead while walking.:bunny:

It sounds like he definitely has some romantic feelings towards you...

It's not unheard of for people who have been friends for years to suddenly develop romantic attraction. My first girlfriend and I, for example. We met it Grade 9 (she sat behind me in French class) and started talking. I always thought she was "cute", but as a dumb teenager with raging hormones at the time, I was more into the leggy, curvaceous bodies of the cheerleaders/dancers. She was a pretty homely, plain girl that I was only interested in being friends at the time. It was only about mid-way through Grade 12, after being rejected twice (?) that I begin to notice 1) how pretty she really was 2) what a great person she was. We started flirting a bit and I ended up asking her on a couple of dates, and we went to prom together. We dated throughout the summer break for a total of about 6/7 months altogether. Although we eventually did separate because she was moving to the west coast for University, we had a great time together.