May have gotten myself into a weird love triangle?

So there's a friend of mine who I had a crush on, but she rejected me when I asked her out in June. The feelings went away then but came back a couple of weeks ago but I'm about 95% over it now and I'm sure she doesn't feel the same way. Our friendship is mostly us teasing/taking the mick out of each other, mutual friends do tease us about "acting like a married couple."

Last Friday we were on a night out with mutual friends and somehow I managed to get drunk and high, and at the end of the night I got very protective of her, we were in my house and she lives a 20 minute walk away and I apparently spent an hour and a half trying to convince her that I should walk her home but she was walked home with another friend instead.

Last night on another night out, the friend pulled me aside, and told me that he didn't want any bad blood between us and saying bros before hoes but he slept with her last Friday/Saturday. The way he was saying it, it seemed like he wanted permission, I explained I don't "like" her, I don't own her and they're both consenting adults so they can do what they want. He replied that he thought I should know and that we would be "competing" to get her.

I'm practically over her so I'm probably not going to ask her out, imo its borderline desperate to ask her out twice. Should I do anything about it? Should I tell her what he said or is it not my place to do so since she chose to sleep with him?

Sounds like your male friend was just trying to break it to you what had happened. Probably doesn't want bad blood between you.

I'd drop it, it's not your business who she sleeps with, unless you know something about the guy she's doing it with that would cause her to stop, or harm her in some way.

Nah, you're not in any triangle- you're just a well-known attempted suitor & your friend was trying to not make waves with his new pursuit of a girl he knows you at least liked recently.

If you want to ask her out do so but if you don't feel like it then don't. Easy peesy. :bunny:

• Author
Sounds like your male friend was just trying to break it to you what had happened. Probably doesn't want bad blood between you.

I'd drop it, it's not your business who she sleeps with, unless you know something about the guy she's doing it with that would cause her to stop, or harm her in some way.

Nah, you're not in any triangle- you're just a well-known attempted suitor & your friend was trying to not make waves with his new pursuit of a girl he knows you at least liked recently.

If you want to ask her out do so but if you don't feel like it then don't. Easy peesy. :bunny:

Thanks for your advice, I'll drop it and carry on as usual :)

Asking out someone twice sounds borderline desperate (even though it'd be 5 months apart,) and since she's obviously sleeping with other guys, she most likely doesn't feel that way so I don't think I will ask her out unless she does start showing interest.