Potential friendzone or rebound. needed!

I'll keep it quick.

My friend (a girl) whom I had a lot of sexual tension with for a long time has finally gotten out of a 10 year long relationship Toward the end of their relationship she tried to seduce me but I didn't go along since I have morals and want to pursue a relationship with honesty and dignity.

Now she is single. She is seeking my support but I don't know how to offer it to her without becoming a teddy bear. I wanna be supportive but i do not want to be in the friendzone or just a quick rebound. How do i find a balance?

I understand that she needs support and needs time to process her feelings- but i still want her....

The other night over drinks she asked me abruptly if i felt out friendship was a waste of time- i do not know what she meant by this-

Insights and suggestion would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I'm a bit baffled why you didn't let her seduce you if that's the way you're hoping it will go, but whatever. Sounds like she wants more. If you don't want more, tell her just friends. If you do, time to take action. Don't let it "just happen." If you respect her, invite her on a real date.

• Like 1
The other night over drinks she asked me abruptly if i felt out friendship was a waste of time- i do not know what she meant by this-

To which you should've responded "What do you mean by that?"

Since you didn't do that,

"Hey (name), the other night you asked me if I thought our friendship was a waste of time, what exactly did you mean by that?"

Pay attention to what kind of answer you get. She might just want to F but it sounds like you want more than that. Tread lightly.