Where is this all going?

I need some help with this situation.

I met this guy at school like around 8 months ago we found that we both had the same major so ever since then we've been taking classes together. It started as a friendship, we would study together for tests and relied on each other for school. He then started sharing personal things that were happening in his family and it seemed that as time would go by we were becoming closer. After 5 months of knowing him he mentioned his girlfriend which was weird because he had never mentioned her before not even when I would ask about his weekend.

Even after that we continued talking and still study together. I feel that the more time passes the closer we've gotten. This summer things got really confusing. We would find each other spending the entire day together in school we would study a little but the rest of the time he would be showing me things he found funny or amusing to him. We then started hanging out out side school (like after class). I also went to his house twice to study and I've met his mom.

One particular day we wend out to eat and they had a happy hour special and I think we went over board on the drinks. There are a few thinks I remember from that day most of them being him kissing me and telling me how much he liked me. He told me to promise that I wouldn't leave him and how this was a beautiful moment he also mentioned that his mother legally liked me and how she wished he could have a girlfriend like me because I'm really polite, social and mature. We walked around holding hands and he kissed me again and said all those nice things. After sobering up we walked back to the car and I drove him to his car. He kissed me and left. After that day we haven't talked about the situation. We hung out after our tests and walked around and stuff and he mentioned something about his girlfriend and how the didn't see himself with her for very long. We continue talking the same way we used to.

I'm just confused as to how he feels about me. Does he like me? Or was that all just drunk talk? What's going on?

I'd appreciate everyone's advice thanks!

He likes you. He's got unfinished business with his girlfriend. He needs to break up with her. No telling when or how he'll think he needs to do that. In person? Via text? After many teary phone calls? It's important that you set a boundary now and next time he wants to make out, ask him if he's broken up with his girlfriend yet and don't let anything escalate until you do. Hoping he will do everything in the right order here so you don't have to worry about the same thing happening to you down the line. First you break up, then you get a new girlfriend.