Had a crush on a friend - its come back

I'm getting this out of my head rather than actively seeking advice, as for me it really helps to have it in front of me rather than stuck in my head! But I would appreciate some guidance just to check that I am doing the right thing.

Last year at uni, I met a girl at a sports club, we teased each other and play fought a lot, mutual friends kept commenting that there was tension (tbh, I don't really know what that means) between us but nothing ever happened and I had no feelings for her.

I developed feelings but I kept them quiet as I rarely get feelings. It got a bit awkward because during training, I had a seizure in front of her, especially awkward as I was showing her something at the time, but luckily she's a student nurse so she knew how to handle it! She visited me in hospital, she held my hand and kept texting me every other day asking for updates.

Nothing else really happened after that, until a couple of weeks later a mutual friend told me "I know you like __" I asked her how and she claimed it was a girl thing. A few days later, I plucked up the courage, phoned her up, chatted for about 10 minutes then asked her on a date. She seemed very surprised and taken aback but turned me down, she didn't give a reason but essentially friend zoned me (I got: "I don't mind going out and doing something with you but not as a date") but I wasn't bothered as I was happy I got it out my system.

A couple of months go by and the feelings slowly died down, until I got very drunk last Saturday and my friends had to wrestle my phone out of my hands as I was insistent on ringing her up and when I woke up the next morning, the feelings came back. Apparently none of the calls reached her phone, as I did text her to find out in case I did do anything stupid!

I start uni again in just over a month, I'm worried the feelings will still be there and I do something stupid when I get pissed! Especially as she's turned me down once already. I figure I just have to keep hitting on/getting under other girls and I'll forget about the feelings!