Can Men and Women really be Friends

This perplexus me. When I think of all 6 of my female friends. I guess I could see myself having physical affection from 2 of them among other things.

CJ is single and we go out and have fun together. We talk. She is the only one that I could see progressing to BF/GF if its in the cards.

SD is 63. I don't know what it is she is hot in my eyes. Kind of like a Donna Mills from Knots Landing. She has a BF. If she were to ever push for some type of FWB if she was single. It would be hard to say no. I don't do the cheating thing. Bad Karma. If I want a woman for Physical Relations. I will pay for it.

Is it just nature that I always feel that way.

• Like 1

Thinking somebody is attractive doesn't negate the possibility of friendship. I think men & woman can be friends but it's easier if one person is not harboring secret longing for the other.

Men and women can definitely be friends and I think it's normal to be attracted to anyone (whether or not they're your friend). I think though that it's past platonic if all you ever think of is that attraction.

Yup, plenty of men and women are capable of being platonic friends. I have many male friends.

One of the big mysteries in my dating life was the fact that men were always very happy to have a platonic friendship with me, but were not interested in dating me/had to romantic inclinations towards me.

But, it depends on the person. I know there are plenty of people out there that can't quite successfully be friends with someone of the opposite sex without things getting complicated.

• Like 1
  • Author

Not that it matters. My male friends that are married with and without kids. None of them have women friends that they can go out with their male buddies. None at all.

I can't see their wives being chill with them meeting a new female and being great friends with her. Unless they knew they were friends before the wives came into the pictures.

I guess everything really depends on the dynamic between the man and women in the relationship.

For me. As long as I don't get any romantic vibes between the woman I am dating and her male friend. She can do what she wants. I on my side have a only three friends that I talk to on a regular basis. JC/DS/AG. JC and I go out to see music or dinner. DD. We usually do lunch. AG is like a sister to me and she lives in the States to my Canada. I have my ex DD but it looks like we are having problems. So we will have to see what comes of that.

Most of my friends are male. I have a female friend AC in Austrialia and my friend MK's wife is like a sister in law to me. So other than JC/DS on a regular basis which adds up to talking to every two months or so. My future GF should not have a problem. DS has a SOther. JC is single. So unless JC develops a thing for me. I can't see any conflict. JC would be the only women I could see myself dating as I feel there are feelings growing between us. At least on my side.

To each their own.

I think men and women CAN be platonic friends, but either person must not have any attraction for the other.

I think it's harder for single men to befriend women because, well -- he's single and possibly interested in any woman he befriends...unless he's not attracted to her.

Of course men and women can be platonic friends. And they can be friends and have sex too. Not all sexual relationships are romantically loving. Sometimes it is just friends having a good time.

• Author

I can't imagine being that way with a female friend. Having intimate relatiions with a women friend for the most part. No way. I have only one female friend that is single. I am seeing her on Thursday. No way would she be game for that. I have to be her BF for that to happen.

To me it seems like men are more easier with the sex thing than women. Or at least the women in my area. I have yet to have a woman be that loose with me or my male friends. For us if you want to get laid. She has to be borderline looking at you as BF material. A roll in the hay forget it.

I would not want something like that, as it would be spontaneous. No protection on hand and you don't know anything about the persons history. I don't want to get all hedinistic and have an opps pregnancy.

Edited by Mysterio

I have no idea, but yeah male and female can be friends but what I see most of them making their own messes at the end stop it cheating their own partners,, so it is really depend on the people self,, I hope you are old enough to know what is right and what is wrong :)

• Author

I know what is right and wrong. My male friends that are married. None of them have women friends they can hang out with by themselves. My single friends do though.

mikethemechanic

Well I think most people think that a friendship is innocent if there's no physical intimacy. The 64 million dollar question is wheres the border between a platonic intimacy and emotional intimacy.:love:

<p>it depends but i think it can be happened, i have ex gf who have a lot male friends but most of them are gay . They developed pretty close friendship , i think because they share same interests,like when they are talking about cosmetics , or talking about sexy guy, lol</p>