Unsure of her perspective

Traptinmihead

There is this girl that ive known for about 4 years now. We were acquaintances for awhile that occasionally met up on a friendly basis, but only a handful of times a year. However, I always felt there was some awkwardness between us whenever we hung around that there was a mutual liking for each other, but we never hung around enough to explore it. Things started to change, however, when I finally moved into the city to be closer with more of my friends.

Once I moved in, we started hanging out a bit more every couple weeks with groups of friends until it turned into us occasionally going out to lunch together, and even hanging out at my place together where she ended up staying the night with me. However, we didnt have sex at that time, but we cuddled and kissed (kinda wimpy I know). It was around that time that I started developing additional feelings for her that I dismissed for awhile, and I decided to give it a shot and ask her out on a date. She stated that she is weird when it comes to relationships and dating, but she said yes to a date with me when i've seen her turn down MANY guys in the past couple years.

I scheduled a date with her on a night we were both available (asking what her schedule was like), and we go out. The date started off rocky with her forgetting her ID and a monsoon that decided to swing through the city (we got a little wet), but we finally went to a couple places to eat/drink and had some awesome conversation, along with holding hands, etc. I end up taking her back to her place and she asks if I want to come in. I did so and we stayed up until morning cuddling and talking, until we end up falling asleep up in her bed embracing. However, later in the morning, when I finally decide to move in and kiss her, she slightly turns away and says "I dont want to ruin our relationship", which threw me off with her body language.

She asked what I was feeling and I was honest and said that I liked her for awhile, but got stronger in recent weeks and wanted to explore if they still existed which they still do. She said that while she does feel similar about me, while she doesn't like being alone, she also doesn't feel she wants a relationship at the present time. I told her that I respected that and that I do value what we built together, but that I couldn't hide that I have other feelings as well to take it a step further (which is something I virtually never do). I said that I didnt want to force it and well go with the flow for awhile and see where things take us. I left her place (at noon the next day), she hugged me and almost went to kiss me, but hesitated and we went on.

I'm not trying to hold onto something that is not there, but I feel this is something that is but requires patience to bring out. Ill preface all this by saying that I believe what she says for a couple reasons:

1. Whenever she made plans with me, she has never broken them once in the past few months.

2. She has made efforts to see me whenever she had a day off.

I believe that her actions say that what she does can be trusted. Ill also say that we dont text or call very frequently, only to set up times and places to hang out and to maybe text something we heard. We both are also very busy people. Shes an actress, dancer, model while I travel for business frequently, which kind of fuels my desire to stay single, but I want to take a risk with her. However, I am certainly someone who has his own independent life to live and she has the same, so I do not feel were smothering each other.

Is there any substance to things going further if I keep patient or am I wrong and there isn't any substance here at all?

Edited by Traptinmihead