Am I crazy for not being interested?

bryceisbryce

I have a very attractive female friend that I get along with really well. In fact, I get along with her better than any other woman I've ever met. She has made it extremely clear that she wants to sleep with me: making kinky jokes and innuendos, being very submissive to me, telling me she would be cool with being FWB(completely random and unsolicited), and calling me "Sir" (she is into BDSM). She isn't like this with most men. I just really have her trust and interest... Most of the time I play dumb and pretend to be oblivious to what she's talking about. Why? I'm very relationship-minded and am not that interested in having sex with someone I'm not seriously dating. She knows this but it doesn't really stop her. My friends think that I'm insane for not sleeping with her since she's basically just waiting for me to make a move. Am I being an idiot? Should I just go for it because I can? Would you?

• Like 1
I have a very attractive female friend that I get along with really well. In fact, I get along with her better than any other woman I've ever met. She has made it extremely clear that she wants to sleep with me: making kinky jokes and innuendos, being very submissive to me, telling me she would be cool with being FWB(completely random and unsolicited), and calling me "Sir" (she is into BDSM). She isn't like this with most men. I just really have her trust and interest... Most of the time I play dumb and pretend to be oblivious to what she's talking about. Why? I'm very relationship-minded and am not that interested in having sex with someone I'm not seriously dating. She knows this but it doesn't really stop her. My friends think that I'm insane for not sleeping with her since she's basically just waiting for me to make a move. Am I being an idiot? Should I just go for it because I can? Would you?

Son, someday when you look back at your life, you will regret some things you didn't take advantage of and this will be one of them.

• Like 1

You aren't crazy but is there some reason you or she doesn't want a relationship? Have you asked her?

Bryceisbryce, I'm pretty much in the same situation with the difference being I'm a girl. I turned down the 'opportunity'. Why? Because I've had my fill of attractive fwbs and its starting to get boring. If you know what you want, you will not waste your time with these pursuits when you could be meeting girls with real potential for something more than a pretty face.

• Like 1
  • Author
bryceisbryce
You aren't crazy but is there some reason you or she doesn't want a relationship? Have you asked her?

She spends about half the year assisting with medical aid abroad programs so she's out of the country a lot. I've done ldr before and I'm apprehensive about getting into another one. I haven't asked her how she feels about it.

In my opinion, if you really consider this woman a friend; don't act on it. Fwb rarely end up the way people want if boundaries are not established. Even with those boundaries someone; he or she, will almost often end up falling for the other. Unreciprocated love complicates the hell out of a friendship if the friendship is not strong enough to handle it. Friendship before anything makes a great foundation for a lasting relationship, but if the sex is for intentions on having a person fall in love with you; then she's in for a rude awakening. Be open and honest, and be careful with it.