Is this guy interested in me as more than a friend?

Lovely Difficulties

Lovely Difficulties

I've been hanging out with this guy for a few months now, but we started out as friends and have a lot of mutual friends. He's a gentleman and is really respectful towards me. We go to the same gym and have taken some of the same gym classes together. Sometimes we grab dinner together, and sometimes he'll drive me home afterwards. However, he's just a nice person and would probably do that for other people too. We've hung out together quite a bit, and if I initiate any outing, he always comes. However, he hasn't initiated a date just the two of us. He's invited me to some of his friends parties. I really feel like I connect well with him, and I want to hook up with him. I haven't made any moves because I am waiting for him to take the first step. He also gave me a tour of his apartment but nothing happened. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for him to make a move but he hasn't. He's always nice to me and opens the door for me and such, and I feel like always wants to attend things I'm at, but nothing seems to be moving very quickly. I wish he would invite me over to his place for dinner or initiate a date or something. I do feel that he is more shy towards women, I feel a connection with him, and I do feel that a spark is there.

Advice?

Downboundtrain

Usually if a guy is really serious about you he will be after you like a fox on a chicken. But if he's shy like you said and can't read your intent he may not want to cross any boundaries. I bet it would help if you just asked him how he felt about going on an actual date. Sometimes guys just like a clean cut line to respond to. But make sure he doesn't accept just to be nice, tell him to be absolutely honest. Good luck.

It's not written in stone that men should initiate everything. He seems very respectful and genuine, so just ask him out. Slow is great but if he's shy it's going to be slow-er until he feels that rapport with you. Don't be overly eager or anything, just ask him if he'd like to go to a movie, out for drinks, or a great hang out spot. You'll have your answer as quickly as you wanted him to give it to you :)

• Like 1