Who should text first

Personally I wait for her, it feels like I'm desperate if I text first, what do you think, if they want to talk they will text first, I'm done doing the chasing

Personally I wait for her, it feels like I'm desperate if I text first, what do you think, if they want to talk they will text first, I'm done doing the chasing

MW seems to use posts on social media. The other day she posted "I might not text you first but that doesn't mean I'm not dying to talk to you".

Don't do the chasing but if you do want to main contact don't make her do all the chasing either.

eye of the storm

Jord11, this whole thing of who texts first smacks of game play. If you like her text her (unless one of you is in a relationship then...get out while the getting is good).

When you have to start worrying about sounding desperate or maintaining the power in the relationship, is it really a good relationship to be in?

For a true relationship to be able to stand the test of time and trials, you need to be able to be vulnerable with your partner. And they need to feel safe enough to be open and vulnerable with you.

If you can't, then why are you with them anyway?

• Author

Thanks for the reply, I'm just talking in general I didn't mean a girl I was in a relationship with, just like a girl who is a friend

eye of the storm

Ah, then if she is just a friend, how is texting her desperate? How is that chasing? I text my friends when I feel like it and they text me when they feel like it.

Im thinking if you are putting that much thought into it there are a couple of possibilities...1. you are overly pushy with new friends and they back off in defense. 2. she is thinking you want more than friendship and so she is LCing you. 3. you actually want more than friendship but are just saying you want friendship to get your foot in the door

No matter which of these are correct (or none of them), just relax. keep busy and it will work out the way it was meant to.

If someone I am newly friends with doesn't respond to a few texts I just shrug and move on. They can contact me or not when they feel like it.

the key is to relax.

• Author

True! I just don't want to be the one who starts the conversation all the time, so i won't say anything, they have to start it once in awhile too, but usually they don't