How do I know if he really loves me?

I have been crushing on this guy...but i'm confused about him. He will touch my shoulder everytime he sees me. like literally every single time he sees me he touches my shoulder, and he says I love you to me. He says I love you to me, multiple times like he makes a point of it. I am not the lovey dovey type...but I show my love in other ways, like I have extreme loyalty to my friends, and will do anything for them. that's how I show my love, cause I have trust issues, so I don't say I love you to anyone (that's a long story) anyways does he just say it a bunch of times to see if I will say it back?

I just want to add in here too that he wasn't pushing it, but I had sunglasses on and he was like 'let me see your eyes' like that's weird why did he want to see my eyes? hmm...lol. he did say to me a couple of months ago that we are soulmates plus he said he liked me and told that to me a lot. but i'm not sure. so why do you think he says it multiple times? why does he make a point to touch my shoulder all the time too? how do I know if he really loves me?

How old are you?

Most people don't tell people they are not dating or related to that they love them.

He's either outside my cultural norms or he actually does like you. I refuse to say he loves you in the romantic sense at this point because you haven't even gone on a date.

• Like 1
  • Author
How old are you?

Most people don't tell people they are not dating or related to that they love them.

He's either outside my cultural norms or he actually does like you. I refuse to say he loves you in the romantic sense at this point because you haven't even gone on a date.

yeah...he has tried to date me...but I had a boyfriend at the time. i'm 22 years old. he's 24.

I was waiting for you to tell me you were 16.

I have no idea if he loves you. He does seem interested. Go on a date with him.

What have you go to lose?

• Like 2

Based on your post I was thinking around 16 too.

I see this two ways, either he genuinely likes you, and wants to date.

Or he gets a kick out of flirting with you.

One way to find out, ask him.

• Like 2

Yeah. Lord, what does someone have to do to convince you they are interested? Does he love you? No because sounds like he hasn't been able to get the ice to melt enough to get to know you. But he definitely wants to get to know you so if you like him, ask him out and end the carnage.

Sounds like he just wants to sleep with you.

Why else would he keep saying I love you and patting you on the shoulder??

kinda creepy imo.

• Like 1