So I have a crush..

I didn't realise how much of a crush I had till about a month ago. I don't get crushes really so whenever I get one it confuses me.

I've known my 'crush' since September, met her at the uni kickboxing club. We play fight a lot and its mostly me who starts the general teasing. Friends have mentioned there's tension between us.

Pretty sure she doesn't feel the same way, I guess she would have asked me out or told me already!

No one else knows except me, I've kept a lid on it. Quite annoying as its eating me up inside, hence me putting it here!

I don't see her for two weeks now as its now Easter holidays so hopefully this crush will go away by then! If I haven't, then I take it that the way forward is to tell her how I feel? Then I can forget about her so I can move on!

thecrucible
Pretty sure she doesn't feel the same way, I guess she would have asked me out or told me already!

haha no way...if a guy likes me, I expect him to have the balls to ask me out. And if he doesn't, then the ship has sailed and I find a guy who's more confident and assertive.

If I haven't, then I take it that the way forward is to tell her how I feel? Then I can forget about her so I can move on!

No don't go for the "tell her how you feel" route. That always backfires. Just be chill and ask her if she wants to get a drink with you after training. Play it cool :) Do you have any social nights with the club? That could be a great opportunity to get closer to her and make some moves.

All right. Do you two fight each other kickboxing (I have no idea what all it entails). If so and she kicks your ass, tell her now she has to buy you a beer. If you're teasing her, you could turn the table on her and say, "Since you won't quit teasing me, you could at least buy me a beer." She will either blow you off or say "no, YOU should buy ME a beer because you're the one teasing me."

• Like 1
whichwayisup

You have nothing to lose. Joke it up and have fun, ask her for coffee or make a bet that if she takes you down (kicks your ass) you take her out for dinner and if you kick her ass, she takes you out to dinner. Make it light hearted and casual this way IF she has a boyfriend and/or isn't into you that way, she'll let you know pretty much right away.

whichwayisup
All right. Do you two fight each other kickboxing (I have no idea what all it entails). If so and she kicks your ass, tell her now she has to buy you a beer. If you're teasing her, you could turn the table on her and say, "Since you won't quit teasing me, you could at least buy me a beer." She will either blow you off or say "no, YOU should buy ME a beer because you're the one teasing me."

Ha, we more or less had the same thoughts going. didn't see your post until I finished reading the full thread!

• Author

There's been an interesting development.

There was some scheduled training during the Easter Holidays last Thursday morning, we were doing mixed martial arts and since my main martial art is judo, I was showing her a strangle and the next thing I remember is waking up with paramedics surrounding me! Turns out I had a seizure and got admitted to hospital.

She texted me asking how I was and visited me with a friend, just received a text from her asking how I'm doing as I got transferred to another hospital! But I'm alright, getting lots of tests done as they don't know what caused my seizure as I have no history of seizures!

Why are you just expecting her to ask you out? Make a move!

haha no way...if a guy likes me, I expect him to have the balls to ask me out. And if he doesn't, then the ship has sailed and I find a guy who's more confident and assertive.

No don't go for the "tell her how you feel" route. That always backfires. Just be chill and ask her if she wants to get a drink with you after training. Play it cool :) Do you have any social nights with the club? That could be a great opportunity to get closer to her and make some moves.

You have nothing to lose. Joke it up and have fun, ask her for coffee or make a bet that if she takes you down (kicks your ass) you take her out for dinner and if you kick her ass, she takes you out to dinner. Make it light hearted and casual this way IF she has a boyfriend and/or isn't into you that way, she'll let you know pretty much right away.

I can be pretty shy when it comes down to stuff like this! When I get out of hospital, I think I'll man up and ask her out!

It's more or less the end of the uni year, but most of the kickboxing are close so I end up seeing her frequently! I know she's staying for the summer as she has placements and I only live 30 minutes drive from university anyway, a couple of friends are staying and want to train so I'll have a chance to talk to her at some point!

We can fight (sparring is the general wording,) I am better though and in playfights, I'm mostly picking her up so its safe to say she doesn't kick my ass! Judo is very effective in playfights :p

My general plan would be to get her alone (there's always a gathering of some sort so I can get her occupied) and then ask her "do you wanna go out sometime?" and she'd most likely reply asking "as a date?" I can then say yes and take it from there. I'm not fussed about being rejected tbh, I'd rather try and get rejected then constantly thinking about what could have happened!