How to get a girl to invest. (to gain her attraction)

To be brief, I've invested into a girl-friend that i would like to be my girlfriend. we both have limited free-time, and my investments have made me fall for her. She has interests in other guys as well, and I've been trapped being the one chasing her. This is obviously bad.

Being the type of person she is, I know waiting for her to "come around" will not work, I need to get her to invest into me somehow... but how?

I've slowed down my texting her, and I need to work on investing less and getting her to invest. sooo, ideas?

Ive payed whenever we go out and hangout, and she doesn't exactly have the cash to pay for us hanging out in the future, so I was thinking of having her cook us something one night, but that sounds really weird to ask.

Me, paying and being her ride when we hang out has dramatically increased my attraction for her while leaving her rather lack-luster. I need to balance it out with some new ideas.

thanks in advance!

From your post it isn't clear if you have vocalized your feelings to her. If you haven't, then it sounds like that is what you need to do, unless there is a specific reason not to (and making things awkward doesn't count). So, casually tell her that you think she's great and that you would like to pursue something more than friendship and propose an at home dinner date like you mentioned, though I would phrase it as making dinner together, not her cooking for you. If she's interested then great and see how that goes. I would suggest sticking to no-cost or low-cost activities for a bit. If she's not game and doesn't want to pursue more hopefully she will be upfront about that. In that case take it gracefully, maybe take some space for a bit and then resume being just friends. It may suck, but if you play your cards right you can walk away from a rejection with more respect than before.

Hopefully that speaks to your situation...basically, you can't entice someone to invest in you without being very clear that you want to invest in more with them. If you've already been quite clear then unfortunately there's not much more you can do.