Is this a hookup or something more?

I would love to get some unbiased advice on my situation...

I have been friends with this guy for 10 years. For most of our friendship, we have both been in and out of relationships with other people and things have been completely platonic.

He recently ended a long term relationship and we started spending more time together (initiated by him). He began flirting but I wasn't sure of his intentions. Recently, he made a move and we hooked up. He told me that he had been wanting to kiss me for a while, but wasn't sure how I felt which is why he hadn't made a move earlier. He was incredibly sweet to me, telling me how beautiful I was, and how lucky he felt to have me in his life and how glad he was that something was happening with us.

He texted the next day and now its been a week, and I've heard nothing from him. I texted him 2 days ago (just asking if he was free at all this week) and he hasn't responded. He's been a bit of a flake throughout most of our friendship, so this isn't atypical, but considering the dynamic of our friendship has changed, I expected him to put in more effort.

Was he just interested in hooking up with me? I didn't expect us to jump into a relationship, but I also didn't expect him to disappear considering we're friends.