Need A Little Insight

My friend and I have been hooking up and having a FWB relationship for the last 8ish months. We have been friends for 4 years and are very close. Obviously we aren't exclusive and he has another girl he hooks up with pretty regularly..

Last night, he got drunk and told me he loves me. This isn't uncommon and he does it from time to time, but I just write it off as him being drunk. We never really talk about it later because he either "doesn't remember" or it never comes up. However, this morning, he brought up telling me he loves me in casual conversation.

Basically, do you think he loves me? Why does he only say things like that drunk? If he truly loves me, why is he with this other girl too? Any insight is appreciated..

For a guy to say it; even if drunk and at our most vulnerable, we are likely to mean it. When we are sober we remember and get embarrassed. However, he did mention it in the morning and probably feels as though you brushed him off. Maybe you should just go out for dinner and just have that conversation... you need to get an answer ..... he probably feels as though he has made the first move but won't give up another boody call if he feels your aren't interested in him like that!

• Author
For a guy to say it; even if drunk and at our most vulnerable, we are likely to mean it. When we are sober we remember and get embarrassed. However, he did mention it in the morning and probably feels as though you brushed him off. Maybe you should just go out for dinner and just have that conversation... you need to get an answer ..... he probably feels as though he has made the first move but won't give up another boody call if he feels your aren't interested in him like that!

I just wonder if he's telling her the same things he tells me.. I did sort of brush it off, because I was a little shocked it even came up again, and I didn't know what to do.. should I readdress it now?