When is "the talk" necessary... Or is it ever???

So I've been sleeping with this guy for about 4 months. We started as just friends that make out and now it looks and feels like a relationship- but no talk about it. He spends all his free time with me and texts me every night when we aren't together. We go on dates and watch movies and he sleeps at my place even when no sex is involved. He tells me how much he likes me and loves spending time with me. All my friends tell me I have to have the talk with him to make it official. I'm wondering - if that's even necessary? I'm a firm believer that a man will make you his girlfriend if he wants to, and what difference will this discussion make anyways. Looking for opinions on " the relationship talk"

So I've been sleeping with this guy for about 4 months. We started as just friends that make out and now it looks and feels like a relationship- but no talk about it. He spends all his free time with me and texts me every night when we aren't together. We go on dates and watch movies and he sleeps at my place even when no sex is involved. He tells me how much he likes me and loves spending time with me. All my friends tell me I have to have the talk with him to make it official. I'm wondering - if that's even necessary? I'm a firm believer that a man will make you his girlfriend if he wants to, and what difference will this discussion make anyways. Looking for opinions on " the relationship talk"

i don't see any harm in talking to him about it. 4 months is certainly long enough to know if you're exclusive. i would just say something like hey, is it safe to assume that neither of us is seeing anyone else? if the answer is yes, you're a couple.

sweetheart5381

The "talk" is very important - it ensures that you are both on the same page with the relationship.

Make no mistake, as soon as you start being intimate, having sex, etc it IS a relationship with potentially high repercussions. In fact, all friendships are also "relationships". Every time we interact with anyone regularly it is a "relationship" and it involves boundaries.

Neither of you have to "make it official" unless you are both ready for that... and THAT requires a conversation.

If you really want to be with him and just him, then you should have "the talk". If not, if you are undecided, then don't. Let it ride and enjoy it. Make sure he knows your intentions, be honest with yourself and him... that's all you can do.

Edited by sweetheart5381