! I know it's long...

Mississipi

Me and a new friend both decided that we would give the friends with benefits thing a try, we both did not have time for relationships as we were super busy with University. We did both stress that friendship was our primary thing because we got on really well and loved watch others' company. Just before we had the talk, he met my family, hung out with them . After the talk, I hung out with him and his friends. In that night, we kissed for the first time, held hands. We looked and behaved like a couple.

we spoke and emailed every day and recently went over to see him at his university. His friend and his girlfriend also came over to visit him and we all hung out.

That night, he cooked for me and we made love with music on, looked into each others' eye during the act , the whole shebang. We cuddle whilst watching a film.

we slept holding each other tightly and this continued until I left the following evening.

Two days later, I couldn't take it anymore as I had felt something during my stay. Knowing that we had agreed ti be friends, I told him that the friends with benefits thing was not appealing to me anymore as feelings were creeping up on me. I also told him that I valued his friendship more.

He said he understood and was sorry he could not give me anything more but stressed that we would continue being friends. (he had told me at the beginning that when he graduates next year that he would consider a relationship with me- he's a student doctor and is placed all over the country)

I thanked him and said goodnight in a text message and he never responded. He always did with a kiss at the end. Since then, he has not contacted me(it's been two days) and he always did.

It was me that initiated conversation with him today. This was rare for me. Later on when I did it again with a game app that he induced me into getting, he replied saying that he would be going to sleep within 20 mins.

Not taking it anymore, I asked him what was going on and that I felt awkward. He replied saying that he wasn't awkward and that he is super busy. He then game me a full list of his timetable.

After my reply saying that maybe it's best we cut it, he stated that he hoped that we could patch things up as friendship was his primary goal.

I later sent him a message saying good night... Nothing! Should I just give up with him? (I lack patience)

What happened? Does he not want to be friends anymore?

I'm hurt because although I like him, I like his friendship more and wish we hadn't slept together as this has clouded the realtionship. What can I do?