What are the signs that a man really loves you?

What are the signs that a man really loves you, and what are the signs that he is only trying to be friendly. I am confused, I don't know if he has a crush on me or he is very friendly.:o

Crushing on someone is very different than being in love with them.

As for crushes, most guys transmit their sexual interest in women through body language, eye contact and attention paid. The language they use will be different. How they approach you will be different.

A man being friendly has a different vibe to him. He won't be as willing to help you. Most guys know not to invade your personal space if they're just being friendly.

proudcanadianmom

I agree with trialbyfire.

What is confusing for me is when my best guy friend exhibits all of the characteristics of having a crush on me (both physical non verbal and the emotional ones...ie: saying "I LOVE you" all the time with no prompting from me and saying "I'm in love with you" when drunk)...calling me 90% of the time and often etc) and yet, he'll say we're just friends....(he brings this up not me). He is the one who tries to get closer to me and offers to help me all the time. Granted, he is insecure and has told me that he's afraid to trust women again (he's single) since his ex not only cheated on him but tried to kill him (she's in jail).

Anyway, there definitely is a different vibe when a guy has a crush on you. I think the biggest clue is when they really do try to get to know YOU, not just general chit chat. There is more of an effort...like he's going out of his way and spending his TIME to get to know you. I also think another clue is when he'll be concerned with YOUR happiness too. I still go by the old adage of "actions speak louder than words".

So, here's my question then, how can you tell if a close guy friend wants more than just friendship when you haven't had sex with him?

So, here's my question then, how can you tell if a close guy friend

wants more than just friendship when you haven't had sex with him?

He will try to include you more in his life, spend more time with you, talk to you more frequently - perhaps even try to be more physical with you.

Bring up a guy you are interested in and gage his reaction. If he seems upset or tries to steer you clear of him then he likes you more than friends.

Bring up a guy you are interested in and gage his reaction. If he seems upset or tries to steer you clear of him then he likes you more than friends.

ICA! Guys will try to defend their woman when they feel he could lose her to another guy. He will say stuff to get her to not like the guy or end up finding ways to be apart of her life more so she can focus on him, not that other guy.

Guys that compliment a girl thats just a friend, will say nice things that are too personal. For instance he will compliment you on how great a friend you are and that he has a lot of respect for you and that he enjoys hanging out with you.

Also if your guy friend tells you that your beautiful, not cute, not pretty, but beautiful, thats big, cause guys will only say that usually about girls they are attracted to usually.

The above posts are an excellent example of how a thread gets hijacked. The second responder took over the thread and posted her own question at the end. I can't believe this happens in a world of kind, considerate, thoughtful and selfless people.

Let's please kindly honor and respect the original poster by addressing the topic of this thread.

Thank you!

proudcanadianmom

My deepest apologies to Chantal.

In my defense, I did respond to her question and gave my insight.

In NO WAY did I intend to hijack her question. I can see how you

felt that I must have but I did not intend to do so.

I am NOT a cruel, selfish or heartless person.

It was a simple mistake and I do apologize.

I thank the posters for responding to my questions, you were

all very insightful. I am new to this forum, and I did not realize

how disrespectful my post seemed to the moderator.

I will not be posting on this forum anymore.

Yeah what the hell was that? Her question was just as related to the topic as the OP's post. I think the moderator just had a long night. Seriously. It's not like this board is flooded with posts. Her post was helping, not hurting.