Want to tell her how I feel

My stories a long one so bare with me. I last had a serious relationship about 5 years ago and since then have not had any luck even with dating. One reason is I am very very shy. about 3 years ago I moved up here to live closer to a buddy of mine. One of the first things I did after moving was to join a social group. for the first 2 years no girl in the group caught my eye. Mean while I found a new roommate in the summer of 2000. He was the one who set me up in my last serious relationship and was moving down here to be closer to his girlfriend of about 5 years. About a year later a girl we both knew from collage Alex moved back here . Alex was also my roommate's girlfriends best friend . She too joined the social group! When she first moved back my roommate mentioned going out with her and did so again a few times over the course of the next 8 to 10 months but every time he would mention her i would make up an excuse of why I shouldn't ask her out. Well this June she came into my place of business a few times. This time my boss and co-worker said the same thing. Get her number and you really should ask her out. I made the same excuses to them. Well at the end of the year barbecue at our group, my roommate whispered something to me and Alex thought I was talking about her. She asked were you talking about me. My roommate said no. Later on after the barbecue my roommate and I went for a walk and I told him how people at my work were saying I should ask Alex out but I wasn't sure how I felt. Later that night during a conversation to his girlfriend he brought up the talk we had to his girlfriend. A few minutes after he got off the phone with his girlfriend who should call her but Alex! She told her she liked me and wanted to know how I felt about her. About a week and a half later with the help of my roommate we set up a date (My roommate doing most of the talking, Remember I am very very shy). We went on the date 2 Saturdays ago and it was going great until the very end when she asked me If my roommate and his girlfriend hadn't set up the date would I have done it. I said no with no explanation. The next day I found out she was upset because she thought I only went on the date because I was pressured. At the same time I started getting a feeling I had not experienced before. The Feeling I was falling for her. We cleared up the problem with me being pressured into the date. It was just a misunderstanding. The problem is I think I might be falling in love with Alex but I'm to shy to say anything. I've only spoken to her twice since we cleared up the problem about being pressured into the date, but tonight when I called her I couldn't tell if she is still interested in me because she said you'll find somebody and so will I. Every day I think I'm falling more for her. What should I do? I want to tell her how I feel but not rush things t the same time either. Somebody please help!

Ask her out. This will hopefully show her that you are interested and give you a chance to get to know each other better. If she says something to you about only wanting to be friends, then you have your answer.

Life is too short not to ask her out...You will never know unless you actually take the chance. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

hi - just wanted to say that actions speak louder than words at the beginning part of a relationship. since it is too soon to discuss feelings make sure all your actions say "i really like you and want to get to know you better". call when you say you are going to call. show up on time. look good, smell nice. open the car door for her. be a gentleman. chances are...you'll floor her.

it is so rare for us (women) to be treated with respect and kindness by a man that when one comes along...he's usually snatched up real quick.

as time goes on...you'll know when it will be right to say how you feel. just don't play games and manipulate her, no matter what your friends say. playing hard to get is for jerks (men and women). love and friendship don't thrive on games...conquests do.

..come on, it seems to me she likes you, and i know its not easy being shy(i know cuz i am) but just take the chance to prove to her how you really felt about her and how you feel, not to what she thought..ask her out and if she doesnt want to then its time to move on..you only live once and love these days is so precious and few..i wish you the best of luck and keep posting..keep your head up!!!

• 2 months later...

You really need to tell her asap that you are feeling the way you are, if you don't, you will lose her. She's been patient enought with you as it is, but now she's not. So STOP BEING SHY!!!! You really need to get over that, it will be worth it....

You need to work on the little things first. Like actually speaking to her...then dating her....and going out more. Love is the last feeling you need to worry about. I would say that is rushing it.

GET COMFORTABLE WITH THE LITTLE THINGS FIRST!!