I want to be part of his life

I have a friend well we are more that friends well we know each other for more that 12th years and we be having ocacional sex for the last four years but after be apart for a while we got back together and I realice that i care for him a lot not as a friend but as a man (lover) and I know that he fells the dame for me. but the promble is that he got heart really bad in the past and kind of build this wall arround him and do not let anyone to get close to him.

I really like him and i want to be part of his life and i want him to be part of my life but I really do not what to do?

can anybody advise me.

thank you

There's NOTHING in the universe you can do if he's built this wall around himself.

The ONLY thing you can do, if you want to invest the time, is just be his good friend and take a gamble that once he heals from the past...in a year, two or five...that he picks you to be romantic with. What I'm saying is that even if you hang around until he clears his head of all the past hurt and opens himself up to love once more, there is no guarantee that you will be his love interest.

Chances are good that once he feels he's ready to risk his heart again, he'll probably want to play the field for a while before he settles down.

Your best bet is to get away from him and find somebody without quite so much baggage from the past.

Don't put yourself on that roller coaster ride. Its painful because Ive been doing it for two years. I can only recommend that you use him up for as much love as you can get and take the pain with it, go with the flow as stress free as possible and try not to tire yourself out trying to make things smooth and perfect for him to accept and keep you in his life.