Saddest story ever - ?

Ok, it's kinda stupid to post it here, but I've run out of sources to help me and hope u guys can provide me some serious help.

This is my story:

I'm 20 and my boyfriend is nearly too (only 4 month younger). We met in Poland at medical school last year and weve been together for 8 month now.

While I did ok at university he kinda had problems (hes actually pretty clever, but they were other things i dont wanna talk about) and cannot continue this year.

Hes really falling apart now and doesnt know what to do anymore, hes hnot sure about doin medicine, wants rather to become a pilot (hes been doin this for a long time) or i dont know what else is on his mind.

I really really love him (i wont even explain how much cause u wont even believe me and i cant write it in words) and i know that hes the one i wanna be with for the rest of my life. i know im only 20 but i know how the world is nowadays and i know how guys are and i also know, that hes the best man for me and can have a pretty life with him and a family (we even spoke about that).

So my problem is now that hell probably will be goin back to canada and i dont know what to do about that.for some reason he thinks theres no way our relationship can survive and then again hes full of hope.

until i finish medicine it will take 5 more years.and its pretty tough for me to survive even some days without him.we have this bond i believe that is very unique and i never saw someone so perfect for me.he thinks that way too.weve kinda lived together too been together like 24/7 and been through a lot together.

i am actually concidering the fact following him and quiting medical school, also due to the fact that i dont really know if i can do it and if i wanna do this.

so i am already searching for other universities.

do u think that it is worth to move with my boyfriend so far away from everyone i have close by? i mean its worth it, but would u act the same way?

theres one other thing.weve been talking about engaging too.hes been kinda unsure about this, but im pretty sure i wanna be with him and if not with him than i cannot be with anyone else again (aparently thats the way he feels too). he said hes eventually gonna ask me someday and i wonder if maybe i should ask him? although i would love it him to ask me (its the romantic old fashioned way ;) )

so im in a delirium: moving to a country far away, maybe loosing the love of my live, beeing with him (though unsure what to do about my own future), gettin engaged, not gettin engaged.

Can someone out there help and understand me?

Please! this is too much to take right now :'((((

Not_That_Innocent

Listen to me ... do not give up med school for your boyfriend. It may not seem like it now, but I promise you will regret it! Don't do it!!!!! If it's meant to be, he will be there when you are done with school or he will stick it out with you until you are done. As far as you not doing so well in school it's just an excuse your mind is making to give up and be with him. Don't do it!!! You are only 20 years old. Think about your future. Never give up your dream for ANYONE ... especially not a man!!

• Author

well, i know that. theres just a little problem:its not and was never my dream to study medicine, i wanted to do sth totally different. so did he, thats what we have in common, too. if he could just do it with me together than i guess i would have more strength.but alone i cant face it and nor do i want to.

its difficult.

Not_That_Innocent

If you decide to give up medicine, let it be because you just don't want to do it anymore and not because he doesn't want or can't do it with you. That's all I'm saying. I know it's more complicated than what you can describe on this forum, but sweetie, you are only 20 years old and your life, mind and views will change a lot in the next 5-10 years. I promise you that!

You should always think about your life first ( i know that sounds selfish but you have to be yourself, not anyone else). It is definitely not worth ditching medicine for this guy. Like Innocent said, if it's meant to be, he would stick by you whatever your decision was, not just the decision that suits him.

First and foremost, the only person that can take care of you is you. Do not be put into a false reassurance by his words (and I am a guy) that hes going to take care of you and blah blah blah. You would have thrown your schooling so far (which is like halfway) for a guy. You do not have to reason with this. When most people tell you something that is consistent , even thou it goes against everything you personally believe in, believe me time will prove them wise. Self story: Everyone in the neighborhood knew I had this crush on this person and they told me she was just playing me as a fool but I would rather not listen. I learned the hard way so I suggest you actually stop seeing him and keep doing your school.

The thing that would make this the saddest rstory ever would be if you followed this guy and things didn't turn out the way you expected.