The mathematics of breaking up and getting back together

For all you logical thinkers out there....

Relationships are so complex and subjective that it's difficult to understand what exactly went wrong and led to the demise of the relationship. Sometimes relationships are easier to understand if you break them down mathematically and think about them in very generalized ways. Math is definitely not one of my strong suits but I think I'll be able to get my point across. Let me know if you find any errors in my logic.

When someone is ready to break up with another person the basic equation of their mindset looks like this:

BREAKUP:

L - R > L + R

Where:

L = Their life

R = The relationship

Their life without the relationship is better than their life with it. When the relationship equation looks like this a break up is inevitable... it's just a matter of "when."

In order to understand how a person arrives at this conclusion we need to go one level deeper into the math and break down the values L and R. We end up with:

THE RELATIONSHIP:

R = G + 2 (-B)

Where:

R = Their perception of the relationship

G = The positive things about the relationship

-B = The negative things about the relationship

The relationship is all the good things about the relationship subtracted by all the negative things multiplied by two. The factor of two is to take into account how the things that are wrong with a relationship tend to bother us more than we focus on the things that we like about the relationship. The smaller this value is (the closer it is to, or below, 0) the more likely the break up.

THEIR LIFE:

L = R (1.5 * PO)

PO = Perceived opportunity. Their perception of what their life could be like

Their perceptions of opportunities available to them are always exaggerated (hence the multiplication by 1.5). When the values of their perceptions of the relationship and their perceived opportunities are multiplied together you end up with either a very positive or a very negative value. If their perceptions of their relationship are negative you will end up with a very negative value. If their perceptions are positive you will end up with a very positive value. In other words, when things are going good they are going very good. But, as soon as things start going poorly, they are perceived to be going very poorly.

The relationship is always factored against an exaggerated view of their opportunities. This is to take into account the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" aspect of human nature. If the relationship still has a positive value to them then all is well... the end value of their life will only be that much higher. But, if the relationship value is negative things their life will be perceived very poorly. There is very little chance for a slightly positive or slightly negative value. This is to take into account our human nature to genarally think in terms of black or white.

So, to put this together again:

BREAKUP:

[ R (1.5 * PO) ] - [ G + (- B) ]

If this value is less than:

[ R (1.5 * PO) ] + [ G + (- B) ]

... then the relationship is in serious trouble.

Of course, when someone is ready to get back together the equation is:

GETTING BACK TOGETHER:

L - EX < L + EX

L = Their life

EX = The person they broke up with

For all you logical thinkers out there....

Relationships are so complex and subjective that it's difficult to understand what exactly went wrong and led to the demise of the relationship. Sometimes relationships are easier to understand if you break them down mathematically and think about them in very generalized ways. Math is definitely not one of my strong suits but I think I'll be able to get my point across. Let me know if you find any errors in my logic.

When someone is ready to break up with another person the basic equation of their mindset looks like this:

BREAKUP:

L - R > L + R

Where:

L = Their life

R = The relationship

Their life without the relationship is better than their life with it. When the relationship equation looks like this a break up is inevitable... it's just a matter of "when."

In order to understand how a person arrives at this conclusion we need to go one level deeper into the math and break down the values L and R. We end up with:

THE RELATIONSHIP:

R = G + 2 (-B)

Where:

G = The positive things about the relationship

-B = The negative things about the relationship

The relationship is all the good things about the relationship subtracted by all the negative things multiplied by two. The factor of two is to take into account how the things that are wrong with a relationship tend to bother us more than we focus on the things that we like about the relationship. The smaller this value is (the closer it is to, or below, 0) the more likely the break up.

THEIR LIFE:

L = R (1.5 * PO)

PO = Perceived opportunity. Their perception of what their life could be like

Their perceptions of opportunities available to them are always exaggerated (hence the multiplication by 1.5). When the values of their perceptions of the relationship and their perceived opportunities are multiplied together you end up with either a very positive or a very negative value. If their perceptions of their relationship are negative you will end up with a very negative value. If their perceptions are positive you will end up with a very positive value. In other words, when things are going good they are going very good. But, as soon as things start going poorly, they are perceived to be going very poorly.

The relationship is always factored against an exaggerated view of their opportunities. This is to take into account the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" aspect of human nature. If the relationship still has a positive value to them then all is well... the end value of their life will only be that much higher. But, if the relationship value is negative things their life will be perceived very poorly. There is very little chance for a slightly positive or slightly negative value. This is to take into account our human nature to genarally think in terms of black or white.

So, to put this together again:

BREAKUP:

[ R (1.5 * PO) ] - [ G + (- B) ]

If this value is less than:

[ R (1.5 * PO) ] + [ G + (- B) ]

... then the relationship is in serious trouble.

Of course, when someone is ready to get back together the equation is:

GETTING BACK TOGETHER:

L - EX < L + EX

L = Their life

EX = The person they broke up with

Interesting stuff. Are u a capricorn?

cause I dont think any other sign could have put something so emotional as love into mathematical equations. LOL

RecordProducer

Once in a while we get men on Loveshack who can't seem to get over their exes and are desperately trying to get back together with them... writing long, guaranteed-success (money back type of) mannuals on how to win your ex back or get over them. After every episode of begging for their love, they come here and write a new chapter on how to successfully keep no contact. :lmao:

RecordProducer
*falls off chair laughing*

This one takes the cake :lmao:

You actually read it carefully? :confused:

Sorry, Khris, I think you're cute, but it's too late here for my grumpy mind. :)

• Author
*falls off chair laughing*

This one takes the cake :lmao:

My intention is to make everyone smile...and im glad it works...

by the way is that legs really yours..nice legs..wish could see the front too.. :D

• Author
Once in a while we get men on Loveshack who can't seem to get over their exes and are desperately trying to get back together with them... writing long, guaranteed-success (money back type of) mannuals on how to win your ex back or get over them. After every episode of begging for their love, they come here and write a new chapter on how to successfully keep no contact. :lmao:

Ey I win her back 2 months ago and its our aniversary next week...:) ...

but for now the thing that i can get over with is to help som1 who is in my shoes 2 months ago...

RecordProducer

Well if you won her back it doesn't mean that there is a formula about it that you discovered and nobody before you did. While there might be some strategies (and there certainly are things like what you SHOULD NOT DO if you want someone back), you got her back because she loves you. :)

Congratulations! Enjoy your love and don't spend too much time thinking about unimportant things. Think about where you're gonna take your girl this weekend and what things you're going to do to her. ;)

Conectrate on the future. But I have a feeling that you're preparing yourself for another break-up and trying tofigure out how you're going to win her back next time. I can tell ya, when your partner strats breaking up with you too often, it's not promising any good. It only leads to a final separation. Speaking from personal experience...

nice legs..wish could see the front too
... and in between... ;)
... and in between... ;)

Hahaha, RP, naughty ;):laugh:

Even though you sh*t me to tears, thanks Kris for the legs compliment.

RP is exactly right, she came back because she loved you and in her heart wanted to give you another go. Just don't blow it, because once a heart has been hurt too much, no mathematic formula will bring it back to you...

• Author
. While there might be some strategies (and there certainly are things like what you SHOULD NOT DO if you want someone back), you got her back because she loves you. :)

yup! what I just did is make her smell the coffee beans..before its too damn late to resurect it again...
  • Author

Even though you sh*t me to tears, thanks Kris for the legs compliment.

no prob..just keep seeing your different pics every weeks is cool..but is it ok to ask you 2 questions?

1.do you have any pic when your 16 wearing shorts?:)

2.Im not a totally asian but my friend wants to know is there a chance that an asian guy can be loved by a blond (hb.8) girl like you?...your blond right?

• Author
Mmmm, I'd have to be "smelling" something a little more illicit to ever go back to my ex :laugh:

woah..your ex must be in adeep ****..

like Donpepot ones said those tips wont work to thouse guys who is in rebound relationship,100%complete jerk and totaky ugly person...:laugh:

no prob..just keep seeing your different pics every weeks is cool..but is it ok to ask you 2 questions?

1.do you have any pic when your 16 wearing shorts?:)

2.Im not a totally asian but my friend wants to know is there a chance that an asian guy can be loved by a blond (hb.8) girl like you?...your blond right?

Hahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Is there an award for the weirdest post?

16, and wearing shorts? :lmao: How old are you!?

I a if m not sure if I want to know what (hb.8) means....!?!??!??

As for your "friend", why on earth would it matter if "he" or you, are asian? Blondes can love who ever they please!

• Author

sorry for that were just having a big discussion while ago before i post those.. they said that they never seen a blond girl hooked up with asians..the only lucky asian guy they see married to a blond girl is bruce lee..:laugh:

about the 16 year old pic..well it just crossed my mind.. maybe because im staraing to get intruige by your numerous pics and I guess been intereseted to know you more:)

• Author

I a if m not sure if I want to know what (hb.8) means....!?!??!??

!

it means hot babe scale 8:)