msn messenger and no respondce

ok heres the deal, i now this gal from one of my language classes and shes nice and all right. i saw her at the cafertia and she waved at me saying hello and i said hi back. we chatted about our new substuite being all strict and all and that our new teacher will be back ah thank god. shes seemd nice and really talktive, i asked her if she was going take courses in the summer she said yes and i said i was going to take courses in the summer too. i told her i had a pic on hot or not and she said she would never do that as it would be so embarsssing, and that when she sees it she give me a 10 and e mail me. thats when i asked from an exhange in email. i gave her mine and i asked for hers with her e mail she also wrote down her msn messenger. i did tell her my problems with a girl i liked and hoiw i got rejected and she gave me some advice and we role played-pretend u are the girl and i am the guy thing. 2 days ago i msn messengered her she didn't respond to "hi how u doin" i wasn;t on mesenger for long, today i said" finished one exam one more to go" she didn't resond back. it did say jen(away) but i messeenger her anyways while she was online, she doesn't respond. then like later in 5-8 minutes later shes offline. so why didn't she respond to my messenger while she was online even though away. btw she did mention she has a bf which i don't care i jsut want a female freind to hang with. it be nice , what should i do to make her now i just want to be freinds and nothing more. i never had a female freind. i am 24 but told her i was 22 -anyways i look young and she is 18. what should i do if she still doesn't respond. she a nice girl but also ncie and talktive to everyone guys and gals. i could be the finals lots to study and not much time to chat, but what happens if this still continues on after the finals what should i do. just drop it hey

Yeah, um, just drop it. If she wants to contact you, looks like she knows how. Oh, and don't lie about your age anymore....not cool!

real men call. IM is for wusses. :p

No really, that's why I don't message people because they might not write back and there I am left hanging wondering what happened.

Do you really want her as a "friend"?

• Author

phone number seemed too formal -i'm not askin her for a date .

well she seemd like a nice girl to have as a freind- i don;t have a lot of freind be it guys or gals so havin a freind be nice. i just don't want her to think i'm seducing her -she has a bf. just being freinds and maybe if she has a gal freind she can set me up or something.

RecordProducer

Wow, this is such a huge problem! We all envy you, Joel! :p

When you see her, tell her that you would like to be just friends. When I met this guy I was supposed to work with, he told me right away "Don't worry, I am not going to hit on you or anything!" It was very cool from him to say that, and indeed, he never did. I appreciated that because almost everyone I meet hits on me, so it felt good to know that I was safe with him.

Being hit by men you are not attracted to is not a compliment. It's annoying. I have a BF and thank you, but I already know I am attractive.

She could be just afraid that you're one of those who will drool over her or her BF might be jealous (which again is none of your business).