Centerpiece Giveaway Ideas needed

My centerpieces are going to be all different shaped vases filled with sand and shells and I would like to know what everyones ideas are on a game to give them away, many of the aspects of my reception have a personal and unique touch to them and so I would like for the centerpiece giveaway to be the same not the usual coin under the chair if you know what I mean........any ideas????

befuddled11

I can't say I've ever heard of any games to play at a wedding reception, to give away the centerpieces. Sounds like a good idea, though! You might want to check out the many "bridal forums" online......you might be able to get ideas/suggestions from other brides-to-be? Best of luck! :)

Pregnant lurker

We did something and now I can't even remember what. I think we had a cut out heart or a heart shaped sticker under the salad plate of one person at each table, and that person won the bouquet at the center of the table. Anyhow, we're not in the US and that sort of thing isn't a tradition here, so people were really pleased.

I once watch a game show(can't remember which one)where they would ask people to present an unusal object (paperclip, baby pacifer etc) and that person would win a prize. It would be fun but unfair for the guys as us women can carry

pretty much anything in our purses.

Another Idea: I went to a wedding once where each table had to come up with a

love song (some were very original) in order to make the bride and groom kiss. You could use the same concept but have the most original singer win a prize.

Have volunteers tell jokes and the one with most laughs wins a prize.

Just thought of another idea that might be fun. Everyone loves to catch the garter and bouquet. This is one even if your married couples. Fill a helum ballon with folded bits of paper, WIN on as many pieces as you have center pieces to give away and SORRY on alot of extra pieces. Have everyone that is willing stand in the middle of the dance floor, with ballon over head pop it to scatter the pieces of paper now everyone has to find the pieces that say WIN. Only 1 prize per person.

It maybe messy but it would be fun watching everyone scrounge around on the floor like vultures after a piece of meat. :laugh:

• 2 months later...

I've played this game several times and it works for lots of different events. Put an 8x10 envelope on each table filled with smaller sealed envelopes and pens or pencils. The sheets inside the sealed envelopes can read, "Please take a moment to express a few words to the bride and groom" or whatever you'd like them to say. Then you give them about 5 minutes to rip open their envelopes and get to writing (make sure everyone signs their names). Then they stuff their paper back into their envelope and take all of the envelopes from the table and put them in the 8x10 envelope (If your tables are numbered you can put that number on the 8x10 envelope). Once you've received them all, you pull out the smaller envelopes and see who opened theirs the neatest from each table. No one will be expecting that twist, but that person from that table would be the winner of the prize and later you have a bunch of heart felt expressions you can read from your guests.